LGC in Las Vegas 23-24 October 2015

Here it is! The official date announcement for the Annual Meeting 2015. :yahoo:

If you are definitely coming, let me know asap so we can plan the rest of the events. We need to know how many folks are coming to make sure we can accomodate everyone.

We are getting a block of 25 rooms at the Aliante Resort on the northern edge of Vegas, a 10 minute drive from the Clark County Shooting Complex. It is a fairly new property, low key, with easy access. If you want action, there is always the Strip..

If you call (877) 477-SOAR (7627) and mention group code CLGUN15 or Liberal Gun Club Rooms you will receive the discounted group rate of $116.98 plus taxes and 12.99 resort fee. The rooms will be released on September 23, 2015, so book before that date! The rate is 116.99/night plus 12.99 resort fee and taxes.

http://www.aliantegaming.com

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/depts/park ... -page.aspx

Here is a sketch of the weekend. The details will be fleshed out as we know more about how many folks are coming.

Friday 23 October: Welcome Reception.

Saturday 24 October: Social shooting most of the day, CCSC has 2 sporting clays loops and Trap/Skeet ranges almost as far as the eye can see.
We will shoot rifles/handguns on the public line-paper only. I think we would start out the day with rifles and handguns, and then move down the clays area.

-OR-

There is the possibility that we can set up our own range north of Vegas. We have scouted a location accessible by passenger car. We will be able to secure a safe area, and have access to a trailer we can use as a base station. My local folks there also have stuff to create a shaded shooting line. It goes with out saying that we have more options if we set up our own. I anticipate that we will be bringing some steel out there and other reactive targets. Some of us are concerned about liability. So, We will need to be safe and well behaved since no one wants to make headlines, at least that way.

Followed by the annual meeting details TBD. Would y'all prefer that it be a dinner meeting? My sense is that it would be nice.

Sunday 25 October: More shooting stuff is fun fun. Maybe this will be the day for clays at CCSC if we have our own range on Saturday.

I am looking forward to seeing y'all there!

:fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun:
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.