Re: Fox hunting

The article touches on what I don't like about fox hunting, the class and aspect the ceremony -- which is inseparable from the class aspect, because if just anyone could do it, it wouldn't be worth celebrating.

Oscar Wilde said it best, "The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible."

Unlike feral pigs in the U.S., the red fox is native to Great Britain, so arguably has more right to be there than humans or their chickens.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Re: Fox hunting

Having read numerous books about medieval Europe I came to the conclusion that the peerage of jolly old England had the biggest pricks on the planet.
Hunting was the most favorite past time and the lords and ladies galloped along over hill and dale with spears chasing boars and whatever through the peasants crops destroying much them and then punishing them for the loss of production.
They killed off all of the bears very early on with the spectacle of bear baiting and had to go to bull baiting to keep the kings and earls entertained.
Even in modern times I saw a news program about US rabbit production and where the rabbits went in Europe and they had film of clubs in jolly old where they had dogs just chasing down rabbits in a pen and ripping them apart. There was audio so you could hear the blood curdling screams of the rabbits.
Laws were passed making it illegal to export live bunnies to England.