TC Strike

Hunting season is just around the corner and I happened to check out TC's website. I've owned and hunted with a TC Triumph for 7 seasons and love that rifle, its my go to hunting tool. Carries easily, very accurate, great trigger, easy to clean. The one thing I always had a bit of a gripe about was that plastic stock. I know its utilitarian but I just like wood. I'll never sell the Triumph as it was a complete out of the blue surprise from my wife my first Fathers Day. The anti consumer in me won't allow me to own two muzzleloaders when I already have a perfectly good one, but DAAYum this thing looks nice!

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/muzzleloaders/strike
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Re: TC Strike

That rifle looks lovely. Is that the one you just built? I wish I was retired! ;)

I actually went to the TC website due to all the BP talk recently. They used to make a semi traditional hawken type cap lock. It seems they no longer do but shit, what I found was sexy to me.

You've known me for a few years, Lee, I just wanna hunt and eat good food. Best tool for the job and all that shit I've told you before.

Work, old houses, kids, demented parents in law. I NEED to go hunt.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Re: TC Strike

Hunting with a flintlock is a real history lesson. The first thing you realize is how weather conditions can affect your hunt. Raining out forget it, go to a tavern instead. wet snow the same. If its just humid you will be dumping the prime and drying it at least every 30 minutes. After one day in less than perfect weather you come to the realization the Daniel Boone, Simon Kenton and Davy Crockett were fair weather hunters. They didn't have hunting seasons to restrict them. By the way an inline with a wooden stock and a nice blue is a vast improvement over the mossy oak plastic ones.