Bobcat taxidermy quality opinion?

For those hunters on the forum, would you mind looking at this link and giving an opinion of the quality of the mounts. I am leaning heavily towards this gentleman to do my cat that I have in the freezer.

$400 cats are normally a huge disaster and $1100 cats look unbelievably real, but are not in my budget (or at least I really really REALLY don't want to pay it). This guy wants $600. It looks like the quality is mid-range and at least not regrettable. But I wanted to get your opinion.

http://www.imagetaxidermystudio.com/Bobcat_album.html

Thanks

Re: Bobcat taxidermy quality opinion?

Im no expert, but it looks much better than many I have seen. Bur most Ive seen were done years ago.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

ATXOrangeandBlue wrote:Not bad for the price point, but from what I can see, his eyes are off. Most of them look sleepy or stoned, which don't necessarily match the pose the cat is in. There's just something off about a cat in full alert that also looks like it needs a nap...
Yes, the eyes are off a little but as you said it's not bad for the price.

This outfit wants $1100. It's certainly a higher quality job but I'm not sure if it's worth 2x
http://www.stonyhollowtaxidermy.com/bobcats.html

Ive only seen a few bobcats , one of them was dead, the rest to far away to get a good detailed look at. But the dead ones eyes looked nothing like these mounts. There was more blood and matted wet fur too.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

curtism1234 wrote:
ATXOrangeandBlue wrote:Not bad for the price point, but from what I can see, his eyes are off. Most of them look sleepy or stoned, which don't necessarily match the pose the cat is in. There's just something off about a cat in full alert that also looks like it needs a nap...
Yes, the eyes are off a little but as you said it's not bad for the price.

This outfit wants $1100. It's certainly a higher quality job but I'm not sure if it's worth 2x
http://www.stonyhollowtaxidermy.com/bobcats.html
Agreed.

I have two bobs that I've mounted. One was a one of those $400 jobs that basically just lives in a closet and I only bring it out to scare people or freak my dogs out. The other was closer in price to your upper end that was shot on my last hunting excursion with grandpa before he got to sick to go out.

Basically, like most things, you get what you pay for. If it's especially important to you, for whatever reason, then spend the money. If it's a gag you use to startle your wife, then adjust your price range...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Knowledge without mileage is BULLSHIT!" -Henry Rollins