Re: Hi, from Phoenix, AZ!

I asked the same thing before I joined. If you like the forum, you'll be helping pay for it (you'll notice there are no ads here.) You'll be able to become a licensed instructor through the club if you're interested in that kind of thing. We are a CMP affiliate, so you'll be able to buy a milsurp Garand, 1911, or whatever other weapons are made available through that program, as well as having access to insurance through the CMP if you do decide to become an instructor.
Oh alright, some fair points. I do really like the thing about the CMP affiliation, brings an opportunity to own a piece of history and I really like older firearms. definitely would like to have a few pieces. :P I think i'm sold on signing up soon.

If anyone is interested in meeting up for a day at the range, I usually shoot at the public land spot off of Table Mesa rd. north of phoenix during weekends. It is usually quieter and I can do my target practice drills more effectively than at places like Ben Avery, at least until I join local club that hosts practice matches regularly.

lurker wrote:
regnirvth wrote:what benefits would I get? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of benefits

:think: what do you want? discounted hotel rooms? cheap life insurance? maybe a pretty card which you can print and laminate yourself to stick in your wallet?(this last, we can do.)
if you're of a "what can i get from this" mindset, and you can't see that already, then maybe you're in the wrong place. i hear the NRA offers magazines and tote bags, and will help persuade your congresspersons...
pay me no mind. everyone here can tell you i'm.... grumpy.
Tote bags!? All I ever got was a hat and a hunting magazine that hardly featured any articles about hunting. It was mostly a political screed for La Pierre to bash Obama. And I got a mailbox full of junk mail asking me for more money.

regnirvth wrote:
If anyone is interested in meeting up for a day at the range, I usually shoot at the public land spot off of Table Mesa rd. north of phoenix during weekends. It is usually quieter and I can do my target practice drills more effectively than at places like Ben Avery, at least until I join local club that hosts practice matches regularly.
I'm in Kingman. A meetup near Phoenix would be nice which I can do in a day while the weather is on the cool side. Anything in the east valley or south and I need 2 days since I'm an old fart and I drive slow.

Well, I think this was off to a good start, I'm all signed up with LGC now and would like to see this community grow as I think gun-owners on the left need representation now more than ever as democrats in our government look more motivated to infringe on the second amendment, while the republicans/alt-right think we don't exist or don't care. Could phoenix have a large enough chapter for the LGC? I want to think there's plenty of us around here to support this.

Either way, i'm mainly interested in match pistol and been doing practice for that. Looking for people who may share a similar interest and maybe share some knowledge.

carsonrice wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:23 pm Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but is there still an active group around the phoenix area? I've been looking for somewhere I fit in better than most groups in the area
Start your own intro. Might get a better response.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Y’all, the OP was 2018. A new comer who should have started a new thread just breathed life into a dead thread.

The OP made 10 posts in 6 months and has not been seen since July 2018.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.