New guy from the Canyonlands of Arizona

Glad I found this place....I think. No clue why the conservatives get to own the gun world. I'm a left wing liberal living in the most remote community in the lower 48 - Page, Arizona. Its 135 miles to St. George, Utah or Flagstaff, Arizona but fortunatly we have a dealer here who can score most anything my handgun addiction is jonesing for and we have a great little gun club range.
"Get off my lawn."

Re: New guy from the Canyonlands of Arizona

What do I like to shoot? Well, found and cleaned up my old S&W .38 service revolver for my CCW class. Found out I could still shoot straight after years of not plinking. Kid who taught the class asked if the revolver was a replica since it looked so old....cracked me up. I carried it on duty from '65 to '70...it was, no doubt older than he is.

Used to carry a Walther PPK .380 as a requirement of work (jewelry salesman) back in the 70s. Sold it after it failed me (fte) the one time I needed it. Got out of the situation okay thanks to my sales skills...my opponent was not a nice person and was most angry at the time. Soured me on pistols.

Once I had the permit (no longer needed in Arizona but I live on the border so nice to have for forays into neighboring states) I went on a "retail therapy" shopping binge. First bought a S&W 5 shot .38 642 with laser. Figured out it would be faster to have a second than to reload so bought a second one without the laser.

Had my heart set on a Colt .380 Mustang that they are advertising so heavily but apparently not actually making them. So went with the Kel Tec PF9. Figured after 40 years maybe pistols were more reliable.

After shooting the PF9 decided I needed a bigger pistol too. Had lusted after a 1911 or an M9. Chose the Beretta M9. Really really like it a lot.

During the CCW class the instructor brought an array of guns. One was the NAA mini mouse gun .22LR. Figured they were pretty cheap. So scratched that itch and bought one. First time I fired it was amazed how loud it was for a little guy. Figure the noise is a positive factor if I have to empty it. BUG for sure though. Got that folding handle dealie which came in for a leftie. Reversed it.

And, yesterday, broke down and ordered my first Glock. The Glock 26 Gen 4 in 9mm.

And of course Galco, N82, El Paso Saddlery, and Bianchi have seen their profits climb as I've gone holster shopping. Shoulder rigs and horsehide pocket holsters from Galco, OWB for Bianchi and El Paso, IWB Professional for N82.

Costs a lot of money to dress/house the heat...

I'm an old geezer - think Charles Bronson in Death Wish and Clint Eastwood in Grand Torino - too old to fight physically anymore. Cancer survivor...figure if I got a second chance I'm gonna defend it if I have to.

Next on the wish list - Kel Tec PMR 30...
"Get off my lawn."

Re: New guy from the Canyonlands of Arizona

Riverkilt wrote:Glad I found this place....I think. No clue why the conservatives get to own the gun world. I'm a left wing liberal living in the most remote community in the lower 48 - Page, Arizona. Its 135 miles to St. George, Utah or Flagstaff, Arizona but fortunatly we have a dealer here who can score most anything my handgun addiction is jonesing for and we have a great little gun club range.
I spent a season in Page. LOVED it. Worked for aramark. Thats where I met my wife. We dream of going back. Thanks for fighting the good fight in a red state.
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775