Re: Hello from Central Texas...for now

Went to your blog and this just jumped right out at me here:
LIBERALISM: c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race
Emphasis mine. This is exactly what I've been focusing on lately and you hit it right on the head. Arguing for gun control is not the liberal position for one simple fact: it requires that the person supporting gun control take the stance that most people are inclined to violence and/or reckless behavior by default and cannot be trusted with any instrument that lends itself to such behavior. This flies in the face of every liberal position on every other civil liberties issue and it mirrors the position of social conservatives on those same issues.
My official title is Doctor Mister Hunter Of Skullyness. Don't ask me, ask Fukshot.

The moral certainty of the crusader is as much a comfort to them as it is a burden to those in the path of their crusade.

Re: Hello from Central Texas...for now

mdbyrne wrote:
Simmer down wrote:
Hey from Texas.jpg
Texas is the largest state in the union, if you don't count Alaska & we don't, so give us a hint on where you are. We've got sleeper cells you can met up with all over. :thumbup:
I live in Copperas Cove right next to Fort Hood. But like you said Texas is big so San Antonio to Dallas are considered driving distance from here. :D
I lived in Harker Heights until 2006 when I moved up here to ND. My dad retired out of the army there and lives in Belton. My family is originally from Texas but we only got stationed in Ft. Hood twice (once in the 90's and then again in 2003 when we moved back from Germany).

Hello and welcome! (With the way things are going [read: drawdown] I'm not sure if it's still an option, but get Germany if you can. Even if it's just Vilseck/Graf (lived there too!) it's kind of in the middle of nowhere but it's beautiful and driving distance to a lot of neat things)