Re: Greetings to all new forum members!

Gabrielle84 wrote:Greetings from the North Shore of Massachusetts! Been a member since March 2017, new to the forums. So glad to find a group that better represents my views. I've been spreading the word amongst my fellow gun owners that resent having to join the nra to belong to a gun club.
Howdy and :welcome: from Oregon!

Yes, do please tell your friends about us. :) Bonus to membership: We are an affiliate of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) which means that you can now populate your gun safe with the Garand you've always wanted. Which reminds me, I need to do that, too. ;)

Whatcha shoot? You may want to move your reply to its own thread in the New Members section for exposure's sake.

Again, welcome!
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote:
Gabrielle84 wrote:Greetings from the North Shore of Massachusetts! Been a member since March 2017, new to the forums. So glad to find a group that better represents my views. I've been spreading the word amongst my fellow gun owners that resent having to join the nra to belong to a gun club.
Howdy and :welcome: from Oregon!

Yes, do please tell your friends about us. :) Bonus to membership: We are an affiliate of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) which means that you can now populate your gun safe with the Garand you've always wanted. Which reminds me, I need to do that, too. ;)

Whatcha shoot? You may want to move your reply to its own thread in the New Members section for exposure's sake.

Again, welcome!
Another great benefit of being CMP-affiliated, you can buy their ammo!

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

New forum member here. Really grateful to have found the LGC, and to see it growing. I’m eager to help out.

I’m not new to guns, but I’m enjoying them a lot more knowing I’m not on an island.

I was always taught that familiarity with firearms is a civic duty — whether or not we choose to own one — so that no one group or culture can intimidate others with that knowledge. So I’d love to rescue Second Amendment civil rights as a liberal value, as we did with so many other civil rights over the last century.

Also — shooting is p*nche fun, and I want to wear whatever t-shirt I feel like to the range! It’s good to know that more of you folks are going to be there these days.
Last edited by BlueHunsaker on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlueHunsaker wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:25 pm New forum member here. Really grateful to have found the LGC, and to see it growing. I’m eager to help out.

I’m not new to guns, but I’m enjoying them a lot more knowing I’m not on an island.

I was always taught that familiarity with firearms is a civic duty — whether or not we choose to own one — so that no one group or culture can intimidate others with that knowledge. So I’d love to rescue Second Amendment civil rights as a liberal value, as we did with so many other civil rights over the last century.

Also — shooting is p*nche fun, and I want to wear whatever t-shirt I feel like to the range! It’s good to know that more of you folks are going to be there these days.
Welcome aboard! :welcome:
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Just joined the club today and found the forum. Yay! Been getting the itch to learn hunting for upland game birds (got my hunter safety cert last fall). I'm hoping to get connected with mentors/members in the South SF Bay area, as well as a female instructor. If you all know of a great female instructor in the Bay area, please let me know. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hey Y'all (Look. I live in Cow Town - Fort Worth to those non-Texans out there) and greetings from me as a new LGC member.

I am a Texas LTC holder, university employee and an ex-pat Brit. I immigrated to the USA in 2001 when I married a Texan and have now become an American Citizen. I'm into shooting my Ruger 22/45 Lite MK IV and am out for accuracy and concentration in my shooting. I get this from my Dad who (waaaaay back when), used to shoot "Free Pistol" (the Olympic version of Bullseye) in the UK and went to Bisley to shoot in the nationals several times. It's been years since I really shot as a regular "thing" myself so still have a re-learning curve to go through.

I'll add stuff to my profile over the next few days.
Oh look! I woke up this morning. :lol:

bjrichus wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:42 pm Hey Y'all (Look. I live in Cow Town - Fort Worth to those non-Texans out there) and greetings from me as a new LGC member.

I am a Texas LTC holder, university employee and an ex-pat Brit. I immigrated to the USA in 2001 when I married a Texan and have now become an American Citizen. I'm into shooting my Ruger 22/45 Lite MK IV and am out for accuracy and concentration in my shooting. I get this from my Dad who (waaaaay back when), used to shoot "Free Pistol" (the Olympic version of Bullseye) in the UK and went to Bisley to shoot in the nationals several times. It's been years since I really shot as a regular "thing" myself so still have a re-learning curve to go through.

I'll add stuff to my profile over the next few days.
Welcome! Would be nice if you started your own thread stating which state you live in. We have state sub forums that are hidden until you are let in. The Texas Chapter also has a meetup down the road from you in Lockhart this Saturday. Events are posted in the sub-forum or on our FB page which is for paid members only. The sub-forum is for all Texans.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:40 am Welcome! Would be nice if you started your own thread stating which state you live in. We have state sub forums that are hidden until you are let in. The Texas Chapter also has a meetup down the road from you in Lockhart this Saturday. Events are posted in the sub-forum or on our FB page which is for paid members only. The sub-forum is for all Texans.
I'll do that in the Texas forum. This is just a general "Howdy" post.

Lockhart on Saturday? I have a surgery appointment on Friday - so I'm not going to be driving anywhere Saturday, especially the three hour trip each way to get there and back! :(

Good to know they do meetups like that.

Everything is bigger in Texas, even "just down the road" trips! 8-)
Oh look! I woke up this morning. :lol:

bjrichus wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 am
sikacz wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:40 am Welcome! Would be nice if you started your own thread stating which state you live in. We have state sub forums that are hidden until you are let in. The Texas Chapter also has a meetup down the road from you in Lockhart this Saturday. Events are posted in the sub-forum or on our FB page which is for paid members only. The sub-forum is for all Texans.
I'll do that in the Texas forum. This is just a general "Howdy" post.

Lockhart on Saturday? I have a surgery appointment on Friday - so I'm not going to be driving anywhere Saturday, especially the three hour trip each way to get there and back! :(

Good to know they do meetups like that.

Everything is bigger in Texas, even "just down the road" trips! 8-)
Just do your own on this sub forum. You can't see the Texas forum until you're let in. Welcome again. We meet mostly near Houston or Austin. We have a few members in your area as well. I'm in Houston myself.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

SwaggerII wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:54 pm New guy here.. well not really.. I joined a couple weeks ago wanting to share my suppressor build, posted the wrong youtube link, and got booted of the forum as spammer :roll:
Anyways, gonna try and upload a video here shortly :D
You could post your own intro thread.....

Well, i guess this is where i'm supposed to intro myself? Y'all COULD make it a bit easier to arrive here in the confirmation email. But i'm not here to fight, having already attracted a stalker in sikacz in only my first few hours. I'm old. I'm a former cop & IC professional. I'm not here to impress anyone or prove myself. I'll share more about me if & when i find this a welcoming place to be, which so far is an open Q. But thanx to eris, i have faint hope. My egalitarian, progressive views come into conflict with the left's embrace of "moms demand stoopid stuff", & 17 yo victims of tragedy, now instant public policy experts. & the shoe-size IQ Trumpanzees are beyond wasting time on. I have knowledge to freely share, but i don't play "my button is bigger than your button games".
As far as my guns, you're not cleared for that yet.

Wisdomseeker wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:31 pm Well, i guess this is where i'm supposed to intro myself? Y'all COULD make it a bit easier to arrive here in the confirmation email. But i'm not here to fight, having already attracted a stalker in sikacz in only my first few hours. I'm old. I'm a former cop & IC professional. I'm not here to impress anyone or prove myself. I'll share more about me if & when i find this a welcoming place to be, which so far is an open Q. But thanx to eris, i have faint hope. My egalitarian, progressive views come into conflict with the left's embrace of "moms demand stoopid stuff", & 17 yo victims of tragedy, now instant public policy experts. & the shoe-size IQ Trumpanzees are beyond wasting time on. I have knowledge to freely share, but i don't play "my button is bigger than your button games".
I know what you mean about sikacz being a stalker. Sikacz, I’m flattered but if you really must move on to new conquests...
:laugh:

HuckleberryFun wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:08 pm
Wisdomseeker wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:31 pm Well, i guess this is where i'm supposed to intro myself? Y'all COULD make it a bit easier to arrive here in the confirmation email. But i'm not here to fight, having already attracted a stalker in sikacz in only my first few hours. I'm old. I'm a former cop & IC professional. I'm not here to impress anyone or prove myself. I'll share more about me if & when i find this a welcoming place to be, which so far is an open Q. But thanx to eris, i have faint hope. My egalitarian, progressive views come into conflict with the left's embrace of "moms demand stoopid stuff", & 17 yo victims of tragedy, now instant public policy experts. & the shoe-size IQ Trumpanzees are beyond wasting time on. I have knowledge to freely share, but i don't play "my button is bigger than your button games".
I know what you mean about sikacz being a stalker. Sikacz, I’m flattered but if you really must move on to new conquests...
:laugh:
It’s the company I keep!

Attachments
2F08E2AB-A863-447D-95A8-71181BCDAC53.jpeg