Newbie from Maryland

Howdy All,
I found this organization and forum a few months ago and have been lurking since then. It is really nice to learn about guns without having to constantly listen to all the paranoid conspiracy theories of jingoistic militiamen (Clive Bundy comes to mind)

I'm liberal and I like some gun control. I remain liberal despite the fact that sometimes liberals get things wrong (assault weapon ban, magazine limits, etc...).

Guns are dangerous and I don't object to laws that ensure the safety and common good. We gotta find a way to take guns back from felons and mentally incompetent people. Conservatives and the NRA are not engaging on this important goal.

At most forums, the attitude is not one that is welcoming of people like me. I am uncomfortable with open expressions of violent anger towards lawful authority and our duly elected officials. I don't hate all Muslims and love all god fearing Christians. So, I am probably "the enemy" as far as many are conservatives concerned.

I have only one gun, a Marlin Camp 9, 9mm carbine. I like traditionally styled guns, particularly carbines. I
Previously I had a Garand and an M1 carbine. I also had a S&W .357 revolver. Sold that too. It was too big. I also shoot a traditional longbow.

Re: Newbie from Maryland

:welcome: from sunny FL!!! My parents lived in Crofton MD for 6yrs. I loved going there to visit them. I was almost upset when they came down here to FL. After retiring. :tongue:
"If that's true -- if you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly."-Walter White

No longer being made, but available used off of gunbroker for between 800-1k, depending on condition.

Can you tell I've been looking? (Ever since SG mentioned fixing one up after I posted pics of my LTR, I've been thinking about doing it also.)

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!

Welcome from Tucson.... :beer2:
So you had a Garand and you no longer have it....
Sounds like there's an unhappy story somewhere....
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police