Re: New guy in North Carolina

Welcome aboard!

I'm just a couple of hours southeast of you.
I went to one of those universities in the R-D area a quarter of a century or so ago.
My son's family is considering a move up there (we're trying to convince them to leave our granddaughter).

How did you end up there from the Midwest? And how did you find us? (Not that we're complaining, I'm just always curious.)
- KeVin K.
"It's your dream; make it work."

[quote="KeVinK"]Welcome aboard!

I'm just a couple of hours southeast of you.
I went to one of those universities in the R-D area a quarter of a century or so ago.
My son's family is considering a move up there (we're trying to convince them to leave our granddaughter).

How did you end up there from the Midwest? And how did you find us? (Not that we're complaining, I'm just always curious.)[/quote

Maybe one day we can organize a local meetup. My arrival to NC was due to a job opportunity back in 2008. I found this site after searching for firearm enthusiast/gun owner forums to participate in. Let me say I found the majority of them to be overly hostile to viewpoints or opinions which differed from their own.

Thanks for the welcome!

Always seemed like a reloader's cartridge. What do you shoot it out of and how do you like it?

I shot 40 s&w out of a p229 and began to feel that the round was the worst of compromise of 9mm and 45acp...either being preferable. 357 sig is supposed to be laser-accurate. Would make a dynamite carbine round.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:Always seemed like a reloader's cartridge. What do you shoot it out of and how do you like it?

I shot 40 s&w out of a p229 and began to feel that the round was the worst of compromise of 9mm and 45acp...either being preferable. 357 sig is supposed to be laser-accurate. Would make a dynamite carbine round.
I wish I was already reloading. When I begin 9mm and .357 sig will be the cartridges I focus on. I shoot sig out of Taurus PT957 which is the only gun Taurus ever manufactured in this caliber. It's all metal with a ported barrel and is a smooth shooter. The round itself is definitely accurate and nowhere near as snappy as some report.

obsidian wrote:Maybe one day we can organize a local meetup. My arrival to NC was due to a job opportunity back in 2008. I found this site after searching for firearm enthusiast/gun owner forums to participate in. Let me say I found the majority of them to be overly hostile to viewpoints or opinions which differed from their own.
Well, you did move about fifty years into the past. My wife and I find the region very ... entertaining.

If my son moves to the RDU area we will definitely get together. (Particularly since my wife is talking about migrating to follow the granddaughter.) But his move won't be until spring of 2015. He's completing his masters in accounting and so far he's only interviewing, but there are a couple of companies that are putting a lot of energy into staying in touch with him.
- KeVin K.
"It's your dream; make it work."