Hello, everyone.

I'm a "traditional" liberal (i.e. libertarian) from PA, as well as a long time veteran of teh Intarwebz and various forums. :happy:

I came across the LGC completely by chance, and I found (much to my pleasant surprise) that the discourse here seems to be more reasoned than what I'm accustomed to on other "gun boards." So, I figured: "What the hell? Why not join?" :D

I may be a little slow opening up; I usually am when integrating myself into an online community I'm unfamiliar with, but I hope to make some meaningful contributions from time to time. I'm sincerely hoping that all efforts towards AB 1014 are not in vain. Did you know that there are "sister" versions of that bill in the House and Senate? Ah, but I digress...

In any case, I'm glad to be here and look forward to making a friend or two.

Re: Hello, everyone.

:welcome:

The general tone of the LGC forum is indeed more liberal - in the uncapitalized meaning of the word - than any other gun-centric forum I've read. It is also more Liberal. Being a 'left-leaning centrist', I am sometimes disconcerted by the Rightness of my sentiments in a discussion.

Good luck with that.

:cool:
The universe - is what it is.

Thank you for the warm replies, everyone. :)
CDFingers wrote:What do you shoot, over there in PA on the other side of the Rocky Mountains where we hear rumor that people live?
Revolvers, pistols, a smattering of shotguns, and unmodified ARs/AKs. Rumor has it there are even some Class 3 items in the mix somewhere. ;)
senorgrand wrote:My congresswoman introduced the house bill on gun restraining orders. We haven't done anything about it because: congress. ;)
Well, it does have a rather low predicted chance of ever making it out of committee. :tongue: My only concern was that this poorly written bill was introduced on a national level.

Slighty OT, but I was really disappointed when Sen. Casey did a 180 and fell for the "eeeeeeeevil assault weapons" hysteria post-Sandy Hook. I've met him in person and spoke with him at length before he got elected, and he seemed like a very intelligent and reasonable person.

CoMF wrote:I thought I'd let you guys know that I'm enjoying it here and feel like I'm in good company. :)
Well, we'll need to rectify that :sarcasm:
Welcome from west of Little Beirut and even more west of Methlehem, Oregon.

Jim
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".