HI, like so many others I'm new here as well. After lurking for several months I finally decided to put my money where my mouth is and join up. I'm in Austin, Texas - apparently part of a rapidly growing contingent. Like many of you I'm also a gun enthusiast but fall middle to left of center, politically. I've grown tired of the trend towards right wing politics found on many other gun websites, as well as the absence of reason and rational thought in the National firearms discourse. I found this place by literally googling "Liberal Gun Clubs" and viola, here we are.

I started on this journey as a kid, watching my Father clean guns he inherited from my Grandfather. Just old working shotguns that Grandpa had hunted with during the depression and his old WWI vintage Springfield 1903 30.06. When I was about 19 or 20 I purchased my first, a Taurus PT99 in the early 80's when the brand was new in the US. I've bought and sold several since then but for some reason haven't been able to part with that stupid gun.

Thanks to all of you for contributing to this little oasis. It's nice to find a place like this where you don't feel like so much of an outsider.