Greetings From Kansas City

I'm so happy to find a group on the political left who supports the right to be armed and to enjoy firearms as a form of recreation. If this right is to be protected over the long-term, support on the Left is essential.

Conservatives are overwhelmingly supporters of the second amendment. If conservatives were to become politically irrelevant for even as short a time as one congressional term, the damage to our rights could be permanent without a strong voice on the Left in support of them.

About me. I'm a native Oklahoman, 51 years old living in Kansas City. I've been a federal LEO for 22 years, and I can retire anytime... I'm an army veteran, 4 years active duty as an M60/M1/M1A1 Tanker and 4 years part-time as an Infantryman. I did get to live in West Germany for 2 years at government expense during the Cold War.

Most of my shooting revolves around self-defense. So Glocks are my primary tools & recreation, with a little bit of Airweight J-Frame S&W and pump shotgun thrown in.

As for books, mostly American southwestern history & Texas, & the Civil War, Russian & Japanese history. And everything I read gets filtered through the following lens because I think the authors were onto something fundamental.

http://www.fourthturning.com/