New Member from Northern Vriginia

Hi All,

New member from Northern Virginia. I found your forum last night as I was looking for communities to follow. I'm not only new to the forum but also very new to shooting. Went to the range with my brother for the first time just a couple weeks ago and totally got hooked. So much so that I went from owning 0 guns to 2 Walthers. I'm not entirely sure what happened but when I went to my LGS and they had a PPQ (.22LR) and P99 (9mm) I said throw them both in the bag (I couldn't say no to James Bonds gun, even it it was only in 4 films).

Looking forward to shooting and coming up with names for my two new pistols.
Sig Saur 1911 (.45ACP)

Re: New Member from Northern Vriginia

waltherP99 wrote:
senorgrand wrote:Welcome! You got a bad case of the gun bug...there is no cure, just ongoing treatment. ;)
No kidding. Even though I have a P99 I am still looking for one of the MI6 HMSS models. One day...
Welcome! Nice choice in guns! :beer2:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

waltherP99 wrote:Hi All,

New member from Northern Virginia. I found your forum last night as I was looking for communities to follow. I'm not only new to the forum but also very new to shooting. Went to the range with my brother for the first time just a couple weeks ago and totally got hooked. So much so that I went from owning 0 guns to 2 Walthers. I'm not entirely sure what happened but when I went to my LGS and they had a PPQ (.22LR) and P99 (9mm) I said throw them both in the bag (I couldn't say no to James Bonds gun, even it it was only in 4 films).

Hans and Franz.

PPQ/M2s in 9mm/.40 have great OOTB triggers. The reset is more pronounced in my M2s. Do you find the P99 decocker awkward to use?
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

waltherP99 wrote:Hi All,

Welcome from another Northern Virginian (and recently former Arlingtonian)! Where have you gone to shoot?