New Guy from Detroit

Well I'm from the suburbs, but like every other suburbanite I claim I'm actually from Detroit to anyone outside of Michigan...

I am heavily involved in the reenacting scene and shoot mostly black powder and flintlocks. Planning on taking 'Greta', my Jager rifle to deer season this year and putting food on the table like our ancestors did, or at least trying to. I've recently acquired a cap and ball revolver and I'm thinking about getting into the cowboy shooting scene.

I finally signed up because I needed to join a group to order a Garand, but I'll probably stick around.

Re: New Guy from Detroit

:welcome: from Oregon!

I had in-laws who used to live on Outer Drive by Rouge Park. :)

We have another re-enactor here! He'll be checking in to say hello, I expect.

How did you hear about us?
Last edited by Bacchus on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

RurouniKakita wrote:There's so much more to Michigan than Detroit. This is coming from someone who's live all over the state from Howell to Houghton. Welcome, I imagine those corn-fed deer in the southeast corner provide a large target to hit.
Yea, we hit them all the time, judging by the corpses on I75 and I275. The built up areas are so sprawling now that there's plenty of locations where they live and no one hunts them next to residential areas. Typical Detroit hunter drives 5 hours north to hunt.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.

Antiquus wrote:
RurouniKakita wrote:There's so much more to Michigan than Detroit. This is coming from someone who's live all over the state from Howell to Houghton. Welcome, I imagine those corn-fed deer in the southeast corner provide a large target to hit.
Yea, we hit them all the time, judging by the corpses on I75 and I275. The built up areas are so sprawling now that there's plenty of locations where they live and no one hunts them next to residential areas. Typical Detroit hunter drives 5 hours north to hunt.
I think we spent more on car repairs from car deer accidents than we spent on most of our cars when I was younger. My mom used to teach in Stockbridge and would almost managed to hit at least one deer a year driving between Howell and there because the back roads where easier if not a bit faster. I don't remember ever hitting a deer once we moved north of M-55. Had a friend who had a deer try and sit with her in her car via the windshield but never actually hit them.
I shoot guns and make ammo to.

Antiquus wrote:
Yeah, a group of us are going to a buddies property near Glennie. About a 4 hour drive...

Bacchus wrote::welcome: from Oregon!

I had in-laws who used to live on Outer Drive by Rouge Park. :)

We have another re-enactor here! He'll be checking in to say hello, I expect.

How did you hear about us?
I've been aware for a little while. I think originally from /r/liberalgunowners/