Re: Just your friendly neighborhood social justice valkyrie.

Stiff wrote:Welcome.

Any particular reason for picking XD pistols?
I was familiar and satisfied with my old XD .40 when I was still in the army, and most of what I read seemed to indicate the XDM and XDS pistols were an improvement on the standard XD. I shot both and really liked the XDS for a concealed carry piece and it was hard to say no to the XDM's 20-round capacity for home defense. The LCP is slated for concealed carry on a garter when I'm wearing a skirt.

LadyFeral wrote:

I was familiar and satisfied with my old XD .40 when I was still in the army, and most of what I read seemed to indicate the XDM and XDS pistols were an improvement on the standard XD. I shot both and really liked the XDS for a concealed carry piece and it was hard to say no to the XDM's 20-round capacity for home defense. The LCP is slated for concealed carry on a garter when I'm wearing a skirt.
Familiarity is a good enough reason. With all your practice in the army, the XD probably feels like an extension of your hand. I asked because I didn't know the XD was even a choice.

I'm thinking of getting an XDS 4.0 for next summer, I'm still looking for a place that rents it.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Stiff wrote:
LadyFeral wrote:

Familiarity is a good enough reason. With all your practice in the army, the XD probably feels like an extension of your hand. I asked because I didn't know the XD was even a choice.

I'm thinking of getting an XDS 4.0 for next summer, I'm still looking for a place that rents it.
We actually used the standard Beretta 9mm on the teams, but the XD was my personal weapon.

Howdy and :welcome: from Corvallis!

We have an active chapter in Oregon with regular range trips. One just happens to be brewing for December 10. :) There is a secret Oregon forum room for paying members- please join up! In any case, we'd love to have you as a guest at our December 10 meet. Stay tuned to the Local forum, where details will be posted.

Again, welcome! :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote:Howdy and :welcome: from Corvallis!

We have an active chapter in Oregon with regular range trips. One just happens to be brewing for December 10. :) There is a secret Oregon forum room for paying members- please join up! In any case, we'd love to have you as a guest at our December 10 meet. Stay tuned to the Local forum, where details will be posted.

And how much is membership?

LadyFeral wrote:
Bacchus wrote:Howdy and :welcome: from Corvallis!

And how much is membership?
Annual membership to the LGC is a mere $10/year. That helps keep things like this forum running. http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/membership
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

Catalyst wrote:

Cause they the best!?!?! :coffee:
Sez the man who bought my .45 XDM...

Actually, they are great guns and I still enjoy my wife's 9 mm XDM with the long barrel. With 20 round capacity, it never seems to run dry; it's accurate, and easy to clean. No external safety. A good house gun to complement my N frame.
Last edited by Bucolic on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyFeral wrote:
senorgrand wrote:No love for the M9? ;)

I've had two striker-fired plastic fantastics and didn't like either. I much rather have a DA/SA platform, but I'm in a shrinking minority around here.
My roommate has the sig 229 legion series and It's REALLY nice. Hefty price tag though.

As for the M9, I cracked too many locking blocks and it's a tad overpriced for what it is.
Sigs are CRAZY nice. I still flirt with the idea of a P220 Equinox, but too many wheelguns are calling my name instead.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

A Glock fanboy on a podcast I listen to has claimed that in his classes, some people with XDs have had trouble with the grip safety not disengaging because it is so narrow. Supposedly they were able to grip the gun without coming down on the lever properly. The couple of times I've shot an XD, I didn't love the guns, but I didn't have that problem. Is this a hoax?
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote:A Glock fanboy on a podcast I listen to has claimed that in his classes, some people with XDs have had trouble with the grip safety not disengaging because it is so narrow. Supposedly they were able to grip the gun without coming down on the lever properly. The couple of times I've shot an XD, I didn't love the guns, but I didn't have that problem. Is this a hoax?
I was surprised the grip safety was there. I could see it not engaging.

May still be a hoax.

I didnt even think about this before, but one of my 14 year olds best friends from school, and who lives only a few blocks from us, took the name Alana as his trans name. He is to scared to let his parents know, but he knows at our house he can be himself. Heck, he can even be himself at their school, just not around his parents.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

I've had two striker-fired plastic fantastics and didn't like either. I much rather have a DA/SA platform, but I'm in a shrinking minority around here.
Im still in the air on striker v DA . I like DA because that little extra pull needed to get the first shot off is a reminder for me, that last second of , is there any other option.

Then again , striker fire allows that millisecond less that could make a difference.

This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:

Im still in the air on striker v DA . I like DA because that little extra pull needed to get the first shot off is a reminder for me, that last second of , is there any other option.

Then again , striker fire allows that millisecond less that could make a difference.

My favorite Pistol is my 229 da/sa

I am more accurate with that than anything I own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro