N00b from Pensacola, FL

Hi all! I'm a n00b on the board, coming to you from cloudy (but warm today) Pensacola, Fl. It's interesting - I stumbled onto this forum when I read the December BBC article on liberals who are arming up. And then when I started snooping around, I noticed more than a few names that I recognize from another liberal / progressive forum. RKBA group, anyone?

Anyway, glad I found this place. I've been around guns most of my life, served in the USN, and took early retirement last year from my post-military civilian job. Currently I own a tricked out Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm carbine that I'll post a picture of eventually, along with a Ruger 38 revolver. For the most part, I shoot at the Oak Ridge range in Gulf Breeze, Florida.

Am I a progressive? Yes indeed, in fact, I might lean further left than a lot of folks here. But I'm well trained, and can hit the red with my Beretta at 100 yards. (Have I said yet that I'm not a fan of red dot optics? :whistle: I will, eventually...)

Glad to be here!

Blair
Resist the urge to let purity of purpose trump the fine art of what's actually possible.

Re: N00b from Pensacola, FL

senorgrand wrote:Welcome!

Ergos on the Beretta carbine are great. Neat little rifle.
Thanks for the welcomes. The ergos on the Beretta are very sweet. It's a well designed machine that my wife enjoys shooting as well, and she's tiny (5', 100lbs).
Resist the urge to let purity of purpose trump the fine art of what's actually possible.

BlairC wrote:
Mohead wrote::welcome: from Alabama.
I can almost see 'bama from my front porch. Sorry about the Tide. (Not really --
-- FSU here...)
I'm a fan, but not as passionate/crazy as some. I have a lot family in the part of Alabama you can almost see, and even a couple in Pensacola. I really like the area!
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."
John A. Shedd

Mohead wrote: I'm a fan, but not as passionate/crazy as some. I have a lot family in the part of Alabama you can almost see, and even a couple in Pensacola. I really like the area!
God's country. I wouldn't live anywhere else on the planet.

MaxwellG wrote:Howdy BlairC and :welcome: from Wisconsin...it's friggin' cold up here and the Packers are winning!
Thanks!

I was born in Madison, and was living in central Michigan prior to moving to the Gulf Coast 6 years ago. So, yeah, I know cold (but dayum, it's 80 here today, I did a 10 mile bike ride this morning, and wife and I ate lunch on the screen porch a little while ago). I much prefer that to shoveling the white stuff. :D