Re: New Member NYC

dmany wrote:
IronPatriot wrote: Having a (legal) gun in the city should be a workout. It'd be interesting to read about your efforts.
[/quote][/quote]

I'm considering purchasing a Sig P320 with a .22lr conversion kit. It's legal in NYC to purchase the conversion kit w/o a permit, but not legal to carry or purchase .22lr ammo unless it's written on your permit. How does one go about adding .22lr to one's permit? Is it as simple as telling them to add the round or do I have to jump through more hoops?

If I have to apply for another handgun purchase order I might as well just buy an entire .22lr pistol rather than the kit.

IronPatriot wrote:
dmany wrote:
IronPatriot wrote: Having a (legal) gun in the city should be a workout. It'd be interesting to read about your efforts.
[/quote]

I'm considering purchasing a Sig P320 with a .22lr conversion kit. It's legal in NYC to purchase the conversion kit w/o a permit, but not legal to carry or purchase .22lr ammo unless it's written on your permit. How does one go about adding .22lr to one's permit? Is it as simple as telling them to add the round or do I have to jump through more hoops?

If I have to apply for another handgun purchase order I might as well just buy an entire .22lr pistol rather than the kit.[/quote]

I really don't know. That's a good question for the License Division.

IronPatriot wrote:Hi,

Progressive supporter of 2nd amendment rights here. In addition, I hold a belief in stringent gun permit application processes. I'm relatively new to firearms, and have applied for my home premise permit.

I'm interested in local handgun competitions. Can anyone recommend a competition or like-minded local or regional organizations I could look into?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

IronPatriot
welcome :welcome:
Blue Dot Veteran