Re: Not really new

Had one. The gateway whatever I guess at 10 years old.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Inquisitor wrote:That is an old school, crosman spring powered BB pistol.
That's what I thought. I doubt that "it could break the skin and cause a very bad infection."
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Marlene's guns all have interesting stories. They look it, and I've heard some of them.

My guns have stories, but they're more like "I went from the Remington factory to the display rack at Big 5, and some big dumb bozo named Elmo plunked down $250 for me. The end."
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Also, I'm definitely a centrist. I believe that the best solutions to our problems lie in the messy middle between abolishing government, and using government to ensure equitable distribution of wealth from the commonly held means of production. I think there are valuable things both sides can agree on like strangling the last king with the guts of the last priest. We should focus on our commonalities more than our differences. In the end, does it really matter whether the rich die by guillotine or by firing squad? Maybe the right answer is some of each? Maybe the decision between asphyxiation, poison, bullet, or beheading for the capitalist class should be a local decision; not all issues need to be made at the national level.

HuckleberryFun wrote:
Marlene wrote:That's an old picture of guns seized from the Black Panther Party. They do look like things I would own though.
Is that gun culture appropriation? ;)
Actually, if anything, it's misappropriation...:-)

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Marlene wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:55 pm . In the end, does it really matter whether the rich die by guillotine or by firing squad? Maybe the right answer is some of each? Maybe the decision between asphyxiation, poison, bullet, or beheading for the capitalist class should be a local decision; not all issues need to be made at the national level.
Aha! A new definition of "Pro-Choice"! :lol: :bananadance:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Marlene wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 pm Accumulating power by skimming the value of others’ labor. Take anywhere I say the nebulous “rich” to mean the clearly defined capitalist class.

Am I not allowed a colloquialism?
of course you are.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?