Re: Howdy from Austin.

NattyBumpo wrote:Hello, everyone. Just checking in from Austin. Good to have found you guys. Definitely looking forward to getting more people to the range in Austin. No LGC chapter that I know of and scant MeetUp events. Hope I can play my part!
Welcome. We have a very active Texas contingent. A bloke named Simmer Down will probably be inviting you to our LGC Texas-centric subforum.

In the meantime, we're having a meetup on Saturday, November 18th at Lonestar Gun Range in Lockhart.

Also, what brought here and what do you shoot?
LGC Texas - Vice President

:welcome: from the Houston area. Hope you can join us in Lockhart on the 18th. Bring Chingachgook with you!
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. --Molly Ivins

if they give you lined paper, write sideways.--Juan Ramon Jimenez

Awesome. I will definitely be trying to make the meeting on the 18th. Being a starving student means I might not shoot much but it would be great to meet everyone.

I'm mainly here because I find myself struggling to find a group/political party/representative that reflects my belief system. There are a few Democratic candidates in Austin that I really like except for their stance on gun control. I haven't dug too deeply into the Republican candidates but I'm not holding my breath. But more on that later, I'm sure.

I've got mainly rifles. A DPMS AR-10 that is my deer/hog rifle, a frequently abused WASR10, and a very recently built AR- 15 that was a scratch build (upper and lower came from ATX Armory, great products). I've also got a Mossberg 500 that is tied for third favorite gun to shoot. Two pistols, a sub-compact S&W .38 revolver that I used to conceal carry (still waiting on getting my Texas CFL due to time and funds) and an M9A1 that will probably always be my favorite gun in the world.