New Member in NYC

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

DaleCooper

New Member in NYC

#1 Post by DaleCooper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:29 pm

:newhere:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from North Carolina originally but I've been living in New York City for the past five years.

Any other NYC members around?

Hiker
Chatty

Re: New Member in NYC

#2 Post by Hiker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Welcome from Lexington KY. Tell us about what guns you enjoy shooting, please?
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#3 Post by highdesert » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:40 pm

:welcome: NC to NYC - huge difference in gun laws.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

lurker
Carpal Tunnel

#4 Post by lurker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:49 pm

hi, dale. :welcome:
they allow you to have guns?
covfefe!

bigbass4me
Been around awhile

#5 Post by bigbass4me » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Welcome from NC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blue Dot Veteran

YankeeTarheel
Loquacious

#6 Post by YankeeTarheel » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Hiya! I'm in NJ, 25 miles from you. I'm originally from Westchester, then moved South and planted spiritual life-time roots in North Carolina (Carrboro). My brother's been in CH since 1975. Hence my handle (duh!)
Also lived in VA for 10 years and while I love the Old Dominion, my ultimate heart's in the Tarheel state. Saw LT and MJ play their college ball when I was in grad school there.
"Fascism comes along when the rich people get the generals to help them stay in control." -- Woody Guthrie
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

DaleCooper

#7 Post by DaleCooper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Hiker wrote:Welcome from Lexington KY. Tell us about what guns you enjoy shooting, please?
Back home I have a bolt-action .270, a scary black assault weapon, a Marlin 60 for plinking, a Gamo Big Cat for practice at the house (no discharging firearms within city limits), and a few shotguns of varying gauges and actions. (I also have some things I don't enjoy shooting.)

Up here? Nothing yet... don't want to get arrested.
lurker wrote:hi, dale. :welcome: they allow you to have guns?
Not really. I'm planning on applying for a Rifle/Shotgun permit at some point, no clue whether that's a real thing they'll give you if you qualify or just a scam to extract $300 from idiots like me.

In the meantime, you are at least allowed to go to a range and rent a Ruger 10/22. Which I need to start doing sooner rather than later...
highdesert wrote::welcome: NC to NYC - huge difference in gun laws.
No kidding. But hey... somebody's got to fight the good fight up here, right?
bigbass4me wrote:Welcome from NC
Thanks!
YankeeTarheel wrote:Hiya! I'm in NJ, 25 miles from you. I'm originally from Westchester, then moved South and planted spiritual life-time roots in North Carolina (Carrboro). My brother's been in CH since 1975. Hence my handle (duh!)
Also lived in VA for 10 years and while I love the Old Dominion, my ultimate heart's in the Tarheel state. Saw LT and MJ play their college ball when I was in grad school there.
That's awesome, I'm a Tar Heel myself! I was there during the May/Felton/Hansbrough years.
Last edited by DaleCooper on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bang
Chatty

#8 Post by Bang » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Greetings from Utah!

:welcome:

YankeeTarheel
Loquacious

#9 Post by YankeeTarheel » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:16 am

DaleCooper wrote:
Hiker wrote:Welcome from Lexington KY. Tell us about what guns you enjoy shooting, please?
Back home I have a Ruger M77 in .270, a scary black assault weapon for evil psychopaths that George Washington was not talking about when he wrote the Declaration of Independence, a Marlin 60 for plinking, a Gamo Big Cat for practice at the house (no discharging firearms within city limits), and a few shotguns. (I also have some things I don't enjoy shooting.)

Up here? Nothing yet... don't want to get arrested.
lurker wrote:hi, dale. :welcome: they allow you to have guns?
Not really. I'm planning on applying for a Rifle/Shotgun permit at some point, no clue whether that's a real thing they'll give you if you qualify or just a scam to extract $300 from idiots.

In the meantime, you are at least allowed to go to a range and rent a Ruger 10/22. Which I need to start doing sooner rather than later...
highdesert wrote::welcome: NC to NYC - huge difference in gun laws.
No kidding. But hey... somebody's got to fight the good fight up here, right?
bigbass4me wrote:Welcome from NC
Thanks! Where in NC are you? I'm from near Wilmington.
YankeeTarheel wrote:Hiya! I'm in NJ, 25 miles from you. I'm originally from Westchester, then moved South and planted spiritual life-time roots in North Carolina (Carrboro). My brother's been in CH since 1975. Hence my handle (duh!)
That's awesome, I'm a Tar Heel myself! I was there during the May/Felton/Hansbrough years.
I miss NC barbecue and Breadman's giant pieces of blueberry crumb cake--I remember the original restaurant, not the current one. Haven't gotten down there since 2012. Spent many a night shooting pool at The Cave and Bullwinkle's, and LONG before that at the Station, when it was just a bar. Watched the pilot of the ORIGINAL "Battle Star Galactica" in The Station the night it came out. Later, it was a series of restaurants, including a stint as "Spag's" when a friend and former housemate owned it and a steakhouse.

Some of the best years till I met my life's partner. THOSE years since are better--but I miss CH, still. I enjoyed living in Alexandria very much, but.....
"Fascism comes along when the rich people get the generals to help them stay in control." -- Woody Guthrie
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

senorgrand
Carpal Tunnel

#10 Post by senorgrand » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:26 am

welcome!

Release the tapes!

p0lyhuman
Been around awhile

#11 Post by p0lyhuman » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:55 am

Damn fine coffee.

sikacz
Carpal Tunnel

#12 Post by sikacz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Welcome! :beer2:
ImageImage
"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many

DanielJ
Helpful Contributor

#13 Post by DanielJ » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Welcome from the home of the Indy 500.
I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.
(Voltaire 1694 - 1778)

BlutoBlutarsky
Helpful Contributor

#14 Post by BlutoBlutarsky » Thu May 31, 2018 10:57 am

Hey from a NYC native who moved to PA but still works in NYC.