Greetings from Portland Oregon!

Hello, I just joined today from Portland Oregon. I've been looking for an alternative to the NRA for a while and came across this group. I don't really identify as a Liberal, I'm more of a moderate conservative but the alt.right is driving more and more left daily. I'm glad you folks are here and I'm proud to be a member!

Re: Greetings from Portland Oregon!

Hi from NJ!
I describe myself as a Progressive, but I'm HAPPY to welcome a true, and I mean TRUE Conservative who doesn't believe in or accept false "alternative facts"!
You can't have an intelligent argument with someone who thinks the sun rising in the East and setting in the West is "Lib'rul Conspiracy".
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

senorgrand wrote:Welcome from an OSU alumn! Whatchya shoot?
Hmm..
Marlin 60 .22
Heritage Roughrider .22 pistol
Ruger P95 9mm
M&P Sheild 9mm
Llama .380
Ruger Super Redhawk .44mag
Russian SKS and Chinese SKS
Browning A-Bolt .300 winmag
Remington 870 12ga
Marlin 30/30
Enfield Mark4 No1*
AR15 S&W .223
Homebuild AR15 .223
An old Sporterized Arisaka
Soon a 1911 and a Garand I hope!

Howdy from Seattle. Would you call yourself an Eisenhower Republican, a Libertarian, or other?
:welcome:

Nice collection. You make me jealous that I didn't get back into firearms when the SKS was still dirt-cheap.

I have a non-super Redhawk. I like it, and the original grip profile is very comfortable for me in terms of recoil (I have NOT found the Super Blackhawk to be comfortable in .43 Mag, maybe because my friendship with DA revolvers began at age six), but lately I have been trying to do daily dry-fire drills, and I have found that either the grips, the mechanism or both on my GP100 make it easier to "shoot" with minimal sight disturbance. I'm pretty confident that is independent of the rather dramatic difference in weight (my GP100 is a 4" half-lug, so it's the lightweight of the family), but I'd be interested to compare the Redhawk to a Super.

The nice thing about the Redhawks in .43 Magnum is that unless you FILL the case with something faster than Unique, you probably can't blow one up!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Antwithagun wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:38 am Couple years late but 🙋🏾‍♂️ Also from Portland.
I joined because I am in the exact same boat, I love guns but (most of) my friends don’t understand the reasoning behind it.
Start another intro so people can properly greet you. Welcome.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Antwithagun wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:38 am Couple years late but 🙋🏾‍♂️ Also from Portland.
I joined because I am in the exact same boat, I love guns but (most of) my friends don’t understand the reasoning behind it.
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim