All Alone in Eastern PA

I seem to be surrounded by "non-liberals" where I live. Anyway, I'm a newbie both to this forum and guns. Just discovered the LGC two days ago. Bought my first firearm last fall (2017) despite being on this earth for 64 years. Have taken a couple of classes plus a couple of private lessons. So far I've accumulated (since fall 2017) three firearms: S & W Shield 9mm Performance Center, Springfield XDM 4.5 inch in 9mm, and a M&P Sport II AR 15. I've shot each firearm exactly twice, but I tried a bunch of different handguns, and AR, and six different machine guns over the last two and half years where I shoot at the Heritage Guild in Easton. It took me awhile to decide what I wanted to buy. I have zero military or law enforcement background or training, Most of my friends and family are appalled that I've taken an interest in guns.

I could sure benefit from the vast experience and expertise on this forum and the LGC in general.
"The last thing right-wing nuts, fascists and haters want is liberals owning guns and knowing how to use them." - Wise Liberal

Re: All Alone in Eastern PA

:welcome: Howdy from the deserts of AZ, where lots of your kin decided to escape the cold and settled.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Welcome!
Explain to them that YOU will be the one standing between them and the armed nazis and Kluckers who come to turn our nation into a fascist racist kleptocratic dictatorship, run by the Mango Mafiosa in the White House. My family of Progressive Liberals understands this and approves.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

My thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. It is especially comforting to know there are other people like me in PA. I'm not a PA native. When I moved here and realized I was in gun country with significantly more pro-gun laws than states like New Jersey right next door, I started to think that I'd better pay attention. Then when you know who became president and I saw the hero-worship reaction that he received from the racist, anti-semitic, misogynistic, wing-nut crowd on the right (not to mention his winning the state of PA in the election) I figured I had to arm myself. Pronto.
"The last thing right-wing nuts, fascists and haters want is liberals owning guns and knowing how to use them." - Wise Liberal

Bucolic wrote:Have you got your PA LTCF (license to carry firearms) yet? If not, be sure to. It’s easy and is one of the perks of living in PA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, I got my LTCF two years ago, although it wasn't until a year and half later that I finally purchased my first firearm. I bought all three of my firearms from Cabelas in Hamden.