Re: Howdie from Florida

Thanks! I'm in the Tampa Bay area. Born here almost sixty years ago. I lived in Sarasota for ten years and missed Tampa/St. Pete. At the moment I'm carrying an LCP in the pocket. #1 handgun is a G26-3. Thinking about going with a Ruger EC9s as a compromise in size for pocket carry as I seldom wear more than a T and denim shorts. For the long guns, a Colt 6920LE, CA 1960 Polish AK-47 and an Arnenal Sam7r. That and the obligatory Mossberg 500, Rem 1100 and Savage Arms .22LR.

highdesert wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:22 pm
SevenSixtyTwo wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 amRepublican (former Democrat), union member, Harley rider, Prius and F250 owner, AR and AK owner, CWFL holder.
:welcome: What attracted you to a liberal gun forum?
just guessing here, but was a time when republicans possessed a sense of honor, held their country's democratic-republican institutions above personal interest, and saw leftist big-government impositions as an actual threat to those institutions. harley/prius and prius/f250 don't go together all that obviously, either. for that matter, i always wondered at the right wing's attraction to the AK, the archetypal commie/leftist revolution rifle. nowadays it's not nearly so simple. time will tell.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Marlene wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:41 pm I’m more thrown by someone who puts their identity as a union member that high on the list of their identities yet votes for the party of dismantling workers’ rights of collective bargaining than I am to see a Republican at LGC.

Howdy from Oakland
Thank you all for the welcomes! Registered Republican doesn't mean I vote party line. I vote for the candidate who's most likely to leave me the phq alone. There are things about both parties I like and don't like.

lurker wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:37 pm
SevenSixtyTwo wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 amRepublican (former Democrat), union member, Harley rider, Prius and F250 owner, AR and AK owner, CWFL holder.
just guessing here, but was a time when republicans possessed a sense of honor, held their country's democratic-republican institutions above personal interest, and saw leftist big-government impositions as an actual threat to those institutions. harley/prius and prius/f250 don't go together all that obviously, either. for that matter, i always wondered at the right wing's attraction to the AK, the archetypal commie/leftist revolution rifle. nowadays it's not nearly so simple. time will tell.
Those days are gone. I may go back to Dem sometime in the near future.
The Harley is my passion. Been riding for over 40 years. The F250 tows the boat and travel trailer. The Prius nets 53mpg. None of them are a political statement for me.
The AK is a novelty. I have no delusions of overthrowing the United States government or defeating the United States military with it or the AR. Paper and shaving cream cans, on the other hand, don't stand a chance. :D

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:41 pm A liberal Republican????
Fellow 2-wheeler--but not H-D...

Welcome!
Yea I've always been a little different. There are a few liberal Republicans as well as conservative Democrats. You'll usually find us straddling the party line rather than out on the fringe one way or the other.
What do you ride? I've owned Hondas, Yamahas and Harleys. I stopped by Barney's Yamaha this week. They have a SCR950 marked down from $8600 to $5600~. I've always liked dual sport bikes. It was hard to leave without it. I know it's a turd. But, I'm a little different.

Liberal gun owners. I Googled liberal gun owners and here it is! Another gun forum I joined a few years ago is downright hostile toward union members or anyone left of Ralph Reed. Even Republicans are seen as too liberal. If you don't fit into a very narrow box, you're not welcome there.

SevenSixtyTwo wrote:
Liberal gun owners. I Googled liberal gun owners and here it is! Another gun forum I joined a few years ago is downright hostile toward union members or anyone left of Ralph Reed. Even Republicans are seen as too liberal. If you don't fit into a very narrow box, you're not welcome there.
I am taking a new member up to Shooters World on Fletcher this evening around 7 to begin his indoctrination if you are available. Text me at 4077547880 if you’d like to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

"None of us is as smart as all of us." - K. Blanchard