New Member in Northern VA

Hello all! I am a new shooter here in Alexandria VA. To get all the labels in: I am a lady with a wife, three cats, and a dog. I'm also an immigrant who is going to become a US citizen in a couple of weeks (yay!) Civilian gun ownership is not allowed in my home country so I've always said that the first thing I am going to do is to get a gun when I become a US citizen (even though I am a Green Card holder for awhile now and GC holders can have firearms). It just feel like such a milestone. :yahoo:

Like many LGBT liberals, the 2016 election makes me more worried about my everyday safety. Aside from personal safety, I find that target shooting is very relaxing for reducing everyday stress. I also think it's important to know how to handle a firearm should one day the zombie apocalypses comes... People on TV shows and movies can all just pick up a gun and shoot, I don't want to be the one that throws the gun at a zombie!

Recently I've taken a basic gun safety class and also took a class to qualify me for getting a CCW license in VA. I am looking at getting the HK VP9sk since I'm a lefty (literally).

My other hobbies are: Home coffee roasting, everything coffee, cooking, fishing, photography, and taking on new hobbies.
You can never be overdressed or over-educated.-- Oscar Wilde. :coffee:

Re: New Member in Northern VA

Bucolic wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:46 pm Welcome from a former Arlington denizen now in Gettysburg area. Glad you found us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hello! I lived in PA for 7 years! Mostly in State College, then in WIlliamsport. Love visiting Gettysburg!

FlyGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:30 am Howdy from Houston! :welcome:
Nice Intro. Let's cover everything...
Welcome to this great country of ours...'
Welcome to Safe Gun Ownership...
Welcome to the great sport of shooting.

We all love pets, so I welcome them too.
Thank you FlyGuy! Hope to visit Houston someday!

yxl1407 wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:46 pm Welcome from a former Arlington denizen now in Gettysburg area. Glad you found us.

Hello! I lived in PA for 7 years! Mostly in State College, then in WIlliamsport. Love visiting Gettysburg!
Come up some time and we’ll go shooting.