Hi from PA

Hi there. I was just made aware of this group's existence after reading a recent Politico article. As a gun enthusiast and liberal myself, I was intrigued and decided to join the forum, if for no other reason than to show my support.

I live in South-East PA. I am 50 years old. I grew up with firearms in the house. My dad introduced me to shooting from an early age, and I enjoyed it then, but for whatever reason, my interest eventually waned. Last summer, a group of us from work went to a local range, and I realized how much I still liked shooting. I decided to join the range and bought my first gun. I have now three:

- Browning Buckmark - I love precision shooting, and this is the gun I shoot the most.
- Browning Hi Power - When I learned that Browning was discontinuing it, I had to have one. This is my favorite gun, bar none.
- Sig P938 - I just bought it after getting my CCW license, and I intend to carry it.

Politically speaking, I consider myself more practical than ideological. I am the quintessential moderate, always seeing the shades of gray and willing to seek compromise. I am appalled by the level of discourse around gun rights today, equally from both sides. I would hate to see "solutions" similar to those adopted in Australia or England take place here to combat gun violence, even though I also recognize that we can and should do more, lest it's not a question of if but when our rights will be taken away.

I am looking forward to discussing these topics and many more with you here.

Re: Hi from PA

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle