New guy from WA

Howdy 2A people. I was just made aware of this forum. I identify as a Libertarian and am pretty much a one-issue voter until 2A is safe (which may not ever happen, at least in my lifetime.)
I was surprised that this forum exists, as I had been under the impression that the vast majority of threats to the long term survival and viability of 2A were coming from people who identified as liberals. This comes as a great relief to know that liberals also care for 2A.
I am looking forward to getting to know yous.
Kind regards, Mike

Re: New guy from WA

Hi! Let be the first to welcome you, from NJ, a state with both some sound and some really, really stupid gun control measures, with more to come soon.
I'm a hard-core Progressive Liberal, having lost all faith in Republicans and Libertarian politicians (unless you're a pol, that doesn't include you). I'm NOT a one-issue voter, because far too many 2A defenders are perfectly happy to violate the rest of the BOR, the other Amendments and the body of the Constitution.

There are two similar orgs I know about, but not too much. One is NAAGA, the National African American Gun Association, which has a wider membership is, by nature, liberal, and there's an LGBTQ+ org as well. I know less about them. I believe we have members of both.

Next question: What do you shoot?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Good morning, and thanks for the welcomes.

I prefer old guns to new ones
In handguns I shoot .22, 380, 9mm, .38/.357, 44Mag, .40S&W, 45ACP... plus a couple of black powder handguns.
Long guns - old is better for me there too. 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 30-06, 8mm Mauser, 7.65 Arg, .270, C&R mostly, a few old black powder rifles, Mosin Nagants, 1903A3s, SKSs, Several European C&R rifles, Hmmm, can't think of the name of a few . grrr. I don't shoot them all, and for the last two years I have been too busy to shoot more than a few times a year. I have sons and daughters, so had to have a few ARs in the safe, even though I have never shot my own. In the new rifles I have 5.56 and 300 BO.
We reload for all calibers that we shoot except 22LR. :D
And we do it all to control the Starling population.

I am a one-issue voter because I truly believe that 2A is by FAR the most at risk, but I value the rest of the BOR as well. If any of the rest comes under as serious attack, I'd be battling on two or more fronts.
Looking around, it seems that there are a lot of neighbors on here as well. :beer2:

Hey Mike! Glad to see you made it over here. I have not gone back to WAguns to check that thread, I def qualified as troll bait but just knowing that one person has come over here to check things out makes it worth it.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

Thanks for the invite neighbor. :beer2:
We're all in this together. 2A should NEVER have become a partisan issue. This is the biggest 2A crime to date... To split our country on a Natural and Inherent Right. Clever, but a horrid crime.
My current goal is to get the message of "2A belongs to every human alive" into the homes in every big city. It should not be rural vs cities.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:30 am Hey Mike! Glad to see you made it over here. I have not gone back to WAguns to check that thread, I def qualified as troll bait but just knowing that one person has come over here to check things out makes it worth it.
Well, I just found out about this forum from WAguns and joined up here.

I am a new guy from WA too - having moved back to my home-state after many yrs, been living in Penn for 9 yrs, Colorado before that.

A few changes in WA state than growing up and much more liberal in Seattle area (I am on the dry side, north of Spokane).

Overall I like the tone here - more in line with my thinking. I have always voted by candidate rather than something set in stone.

Ed

Mikebr5 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:30 am
I prefer old guns to new ones
I truly believe that 2A is by FAR the most at risk, but I value the rest of the BOR as well
another old gun guy. old guns, not old guy. wait, well maybe both. you know what i mean.
the other amendments of the BOR are already under attack, have been for some time, only difference i see is that "liberals" and "conservatives" both are doing the attacking.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Mikebr5 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:54 am We're all in this together. 2A should NEVER have become a partisan issue. This is the biggest 2A crime to date... To split our country on a Natural and Inherent Right. Clever, but a horrid crime.
My current goal is to get the message of "2A belongs to every human alive" into the homes in every big city. It should not be rural vs cities.
I wish you luck. That is looking like an uphill struggle on the order of climbing Everest without bottled oxygen. Agreed that the Dems should have avoided the issue (at the state AND national level) until they had a bulletproof Supreme Court (just for reasons of political cynicism, not because I believe in draconian gun control). But that would have required the assumption (which I think is correct, but I can't prove) that the gun issue was the one with the most otherwise-persuadable one-issue voters, and they didn't WANT to see that, even if it's correct. :weep: That's been biting them periodically since the 70s.

:welcome:
Howdy from Seattle. What region of WA are you in? I keep saying I'm going to loosely organize a range meet-up near Seattle, but not doing it.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.