Hello from NYC

Hi everyone, new forum member, but have been an LGC member for 4 years.

I shoot everything I can (pistols, rifles, shotguns) and about every type of shooting I can (hunting, sporting clays, long range rifle shooting, defensive pistol shooting and I am just getting started with USPSA competitive shooting.) I even recently took up archery to get more deer hunting in.

TL;DR: I like to shoot :)

I recently got certified as an LGC instructor, and will be working to set up at least some sort of LGC instructor presence in NYC (but to be honest, the restrictions in NYC make teaching beginner classes very hard.)
I am not a pilot, and don't actually like flying much, but I use random generators for my online usernames, and this was the result

Re: Hello from NYC

Strictly Cowboy action.

Just kidding, those type of lever guns are illegal in NYC, I can't do cowboy action. I have yet to shoot my first match, hoping to shoot Production but I think I may have to shoot limited. (I have a CZ custom shop SDP, which is a CZ P-01 that the custom shop worked over.) AFAIK everything that they did is within the allowances to use it as a P-01 in the production division, yet when I contacted USPSA they told me to shoot Limited.

Boo.
I am not a pilot, and don't actually like flying much, but I use random generators for my online usernames, and this was the result

That's odd. I wonder what element of your custom CZ caused them to consider it Limited? Because it can be cocked at locked? I haven't shot a match since 2003, so I've lost track of the various details of the divisions.
And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be- Roger Waters

The given reasoning was that it was a "CZ Custom SDP" and no longer a "CZ P-01" as it is available in stores (when you can find one) as the "SDP".

I just find it odd that if I was to buy a P-01, and all the parts used by CZ custom, and do all the work (or have a gunsmith do it) *that* would be allowed.

That is classic IPSC/USPSA.

I mainly shot Limited with a custom high cap 10mm 1911 with a straight dust cover, all that. I had it built during the Crime Bill, so in order to make my 19 round magazines I had to get creative. I jumped on Revolver as soon as it became a division, and was the first person in Michigan to get classified in that division. I had a great time with USPSA and miss it- I still run my number from time to time. I live in northern Michigan and all the big, quality matches were well south of me, and the driving just got to be too much once we had kids. Have fun!
And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be- Roger Waters

:welcome: from the Deserts.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi