New guy in Cali

Hi everyone! New club member, forum member, and gun owner here, living in the High Desert of the eastern Sierra Nevada, right in the heart of the Owens Valley in Bishop. If anyone else lives here n my neck of the woods, hit me up to go shoot sometime!

I just picked up my first pistol a week ago today, in fact. I’ve dropped about 300 rounds down the pipe so far. Gen 3 Glock19 is really starting to break in nicely, now...

THRILLED I found a social gun advocates group...an “NRA for sane people” as I’ve seen it described. I like that idea. Who woulda thunk there was enough left-leaning gun owners to start a whole club? Enough sane advocates for responsible gun ownership without the rabid, uncompromising deadlocks from the right? Sign me up, please!

Anyhow...thanks for being here and thanks for having me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is entirely possible to both love guns and shooting, AND support sane, responsible, root cause gun legislation.

Re: New guy in Cali

highdesert wrote::welcome: Beautiful Inyo County, I live farther south.

Owens Valley, a central character in California's Water Wars. Raped by Los Angeles for its water, I hope it's being restored.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Water_Wars
Not really. LADWP does the absolute bare minimum necessary to avoid prosecution and civil lawsuits in accordance with air pollution contractual obligations...

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is entirely possible to both love guns and shooting, AND support sane, responsible, root cause gun legislation.