Howdy from Tucson AZ

Wow am I glad I found this site! Been an avid Ruger fan since I was twelve - 51 years ago when I got my 10/22. I hang out at rugerforum.net a little. But I like other manufacturers as well, just not as much. I used to hang out at Rugertalk.com until I got banned due to a conflict with Trumpians in the political forum. This site seems a little more my league. Middle of the road democrat/Libertarian party kinda guy. I used to moderate a flooring forum as I'm a flooring contractor and inspector. Yes Steve McQueen is my favorite actor. hehe
Thanks for having me.
Last edited by Bullitt68 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Howdy from Tucson AZ

Bullitt68 wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:50 pm Welcome from Gettysburg. I’m a former Tucsonan. Lived there from 1981 till 2003.

I have had more than a couple Rugers but I moved up to CZs and Sigs
Oooh, a subtle slant against Rugers. lol :clap2:
You won't get any slants against Ruger from me, I love my PC Carbine and I've always seen Ruger as the true "value" gun company, solid products in the lower end of the price scale, always giving you more for your dollar than any of the other big name brands.

senorgrand wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:50 pm Welcome! I have owned a few Rugers. Own three right now and the PC Carbine is a hoot.
Almost bought a PC Carbine but since I hadn't had a .22 for a long time - I just bought a stainless 10/22. The price was unbeatable. So many options for accessories since I had my first one.
Can't upload a pic. Whats the file size limit here?

Bullitt68 wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:50 pm Welcome from Gettysburg. I’m a former Tucsonan. Lived there from 1981 till 2003.

I have had more than a couple Rugers but I moved up to CZs and Sigs
Oooh, a subtle slant against Rugers. lol Well done :clap2:

Bwahah! I think Rugers are excellent. I have five 10/22s (however, with no remaining Ruger parts other than one receiver and magazines) and a slightly modified Mk III 22/45. I am jonesing for a PCC and have great respect for the SR1911.

It’s just that the CZs and Sigs are sooo smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullitt68 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:28 pm
senorgrand wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:50 pm Welcome! I have owned a few Rugers. Own three right now and the PC Carbine is a hoot.
Almost bought a PC Carbine but since I hadn't had a .22 for a long time - I just bought a stainless 10/22. The price was unbeatable. So many options for accessories since I had my first one.
Can't upload a pic. Whats the file size limit here?
Pretty small...I usually post stuff no bigger than 1000x800 or so

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

A Tuksoner, WELCOME ! :wave: A work colleague retired down there and loves it, her husband works for one of the police agencies. Own a few Rugers, all are 22s but one. Can't beat them and if you need to ship them back, the factory is in the Prescott, AZ.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:07 pm A Tuksoner, WELCOME ! :wave: A work colleague retired down there and loves it, her husband works for one of the police agencies. Own a few Rugers, all are 22s but one. Can't beat them and if you need to ship them back, the factory is in the Prescott, AZ.
Yep, I could drive my guns up there faster than FEDEX overnight them. Never had to send a Ruger in though. Keeping Arizonans employed.

We sit in the mud... and reach for the stars.
Ivan Turgenev

Welcome from the Free State of Nevada.

I had gotten myself to zero Rugers - then I found the 10/22 in fake M1 carbine :-). I really could not resist.

I have owned a large number of Rugers; none has ever failed me.

My new CZ 75 Compact arrived today, but I fly out for two days before I can pick it up (too busy tomorrow). I will go shoot it this weekend.
Last edited by max129 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.