Re: What did we learn from The Panic

That perhaps those little Lee Loader things that require a hammer are probably not a bad idea.

Watching the range owner I know sweat 9mm shipments getting 'lost' or 'damaged' and thus becoming undeliverable is really quite eye opening (seriously, when did UPS ever give a shit about delivering a damaged package?).
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

rolandson wrote:That perhaps those little Lee Loader things that require a hammer are probably not a bad idea.

Watching the range owner I know sweat 9mm shipments getting 'lost' or 'damaged' and thus becoming undeliverable is really quite eye opening (seriously, when did UPS ever give a shit about delivering a damaged package?).
I have one of those little Lee Loader things in .303 and a 9mm kit on the way from Brownell's. They're slow as all hell and the banging can get on one's nerves, but they're cheap and they work.
Those who know what's best for us / Must rise and save us from ourselves - Rush, Witch Hunt

I have learned that just when I think I've seen stupidity peak, somebody proves me wrong. Witness this ad. Yes, it is for real. Can you even sic a whole page? Effing douchebag.

"I have literally a half ton of ammo... its not for sell, I'm just saying. what was that old story about a grasshopper and an ant?
oh wait, I do have a little I might part with. but it aint cheap

case of wolf fmj 7.62x39, still in the plastic and in the cardboard box. 500 bux...and im no expert but since the un passed their bs this stuff might never be available again since Russia is in on it, it regulates ammo exportation from those countries...hmmm...maybe I should keep it

300 rnds of federal .223 55gr fmj on stripper clips...yep, you guessed it, 300 bux

then I got 4 boxes of silver bear 9x18 HP for a hunnert bux

and this old box of Winchester 32 short colt I had lying around 25 bux for it

so, there ya go, it aint cheap but it goes bang and it aint getting no cheaper or easier to get and this is all i'm willing to part with.
if you don't want it I don't care and if you do cool, email me and bring cash and its yours, no I wont take less for it, I don't care if I sell it at all
and if you want to complain about the price save your breath, you'll need it for running away when the shtf because you wont have any ammo, yeah, i'm an a-hole, so what? I got ammo
oh yeah, I will trade for guns tho, I've been wanting a nice stainless .44 mag with a 4 or 6 inch barrel. a Taurus or rossi or charter arms for around 500 bux will be fine.
also a makarov style 9x18 of some sort, but really interested in anything that goes bang....well... shotguns not so much but maybe...guns don't even have to be in working condition, but don't expect a lot for a broken one"
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

I learned that maybe I need to deversify my hobbies. Maybe take up fishing or knitting.

I learned that in times of panic people will forget about their morality, loyalty and ethics. (Ok I already knew that but it was reenforced by this)

It was like a cold slap in the face.
"I've upped my standards. Now, up yours" Pat Paulsen

I learned that when five pound jugs of TAC are under $160, BUY THEM ALL. Especially if it's a local shop that is not staffed by douchebags and are properly priced on everything in their shop, including used firearms.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.