Re: Vehicle Contents

JayFromPA wrote:18 foot long step van.
Here's hoping that you'd be bugging out at the beginning of a run so the goodies are not the expired snacks out of the machines, right? ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

ErikO wrote:
JayFromPA wrote:18 foot long step van.
Here's hoping that you'd be bugging out at the beginning of a run so the goodies are not the expired snacks out of the machines, right? ;)
Better, I do grocery chains. Folks always know where the grocery stores are, but they always have huge glass windows and thus are not able to be secured. I know the locations of three warehouses that each stock a dozen grocery stores, one of which is less than an hour away. If I'm bugging out zombie horde style, I'm bugging into the land of "food for a year" that doesn't come with grocery store glass front windows. Not to mention where the warehouses for the competition are. There's something to be said for warehouse style compartmentalized design that erects successive barriers between zones of a building.

Then there's the vehicle itself. I wouldn't be limited in trunk space, I could take everything I wanted and have space for two others to ride front shotgun and back door shotgun. Also not many vehicles allow you to jump up and take cover without exiting, or provide a top hatch for turret position. And it's sturdy framed - deer ran out in front of me once and didn't dent the bumper nor cause a loss of control as it went under the front then rear wheels. Another time, two cars decided not to stop in time and totaled themselves on the rear bumper, which only got bent and they never touched the body, nor did their impact spill my soda can.

That's why the 5 ton step van is what I'd use in case of Dawn Of The Dead.

Spare tire. Jack. Lugnut wrench. Cheap socket set. Jumper cable. Shopping bags because around here if you don't bring your own they charge you, you can' get free ones anymore.

Other than that, my car has to get me to and from work 5 days a week. And sometimes to the supermarket. I'm a budding hyper-miler so I don't like to drag weight around without a reason.

Reasons include:
Wife and I are going to Yosemite tomorrow. Into the trunk will go 2 gals. water, blankets, flashlight, first aid kit and food for the trip. Spare clothes in case I get dunked into the Tulome river (don't ask).

Working on the balance between "ya never know" and "seriously, you drag all that crap around with you?" Kinda depends on where you live and what your normal drive is.
Heller and McDonald are precedents to be followed, not obstacles
to be overcome