Re: What Did You Do to Prep Today?

Bought an Arktis B110 British SAS combat smock (aka "parka").
It's unlined (less sweating while running or humping a ruck), windproof, with lots of pockets to hold my Tier 1 (EDC) basic survival kit. Roomy enough to wear armor underneath, SAS style. I like the British DPM camo pattern, but I got it in Coyote Brown instead so as to be a slightly more gray "gray man".

http://www.arktisusa.com/index.php/products/b110/

A couple of weeks ago I refreshed my stores of drinking water.

I use translucent bins, which is a mixed blessing, because it can allow algae to grow, but on the other hand you can see the algae and deal with it.

My recommendation is, if you do nothing else, store drinking water. In a generalized emergency, you can improvise a lot of stuff, but not water.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

I didn't do a darn thing today.
I do keep a small generator, at least 15 gallons of gas ( cycled annually) 30 gallons of water, also cycled annually. 20 lbs, each of dried rice and beans, 30 days worth of Mountain House freeze dried meals. a fair sized stash of ammo. I also keep a "Get Home Bag" in my pickup with a little food, water, tooth brush and tooth paste, change of clothes, gloves, dust mask, magnesium fire starter, leatherman tool, flashlight, headlamp and a little ammo.
I have a little teardrop trailer that has a 12 volt battery and a solar charger, I keep extra propane on hand also.
On the 30th I can pick up my new to me, Ruger Single Six .22/.22 mag. I guess I can call this a prep tool, it will handle any and all .22 rimfire ammo.
Last edited by Kayaker on Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ordered 2 more of these...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 0BD3D61213

I've had one for about 3 months, using it any time I needed a light. They have a powerful magnetic base and make great work lights, and are very good at just general area lighting. They have 2 power settings and a red strobe. On the lower setting I had one set of batteries last for 11 hours; actually a wee bit over 11, but I didn't time it down to the minute.
If it's still there when you turn on the light, then you can worry about it
~Grandma~

Inquisitor wrote:I need to start my generator.
Rotate (use) that gas, too. I use Sta-bil, which really extends the life. If I don't use my gas stock within a year in the mower or generator, I run it through the father-in-law's truck. :)

Nuttin' new here on prepping. Extra food, water, gas. Water purifiers, ceramic and chemical. Trained zombies. The usual. Oh, that Mountain House is great stuff in the No. 10 cans. Will outlive me. ;)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Eris wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:17 pm Arise! Arise! O forum thread!
Return you now from the dead!

:D

Umm, I bought a couple of extra magazines for my 10/22, does that count as prepping?
It sure does! That’s another 10 zombie headshots for you. 25 if you got the extended mags. 8-)

The Israeli Army loves the 10/22 for oppress...er, I mean pacifying occupied urban areas.
Mostly for shooting people in the head at sub-100 yards.
825301B7-273A-4367-A221-395BA3364B48.jpeg
CEC159C0-2862-49CD-9A70-5EC3292F1DB9.jpeg
Last edited by HuckleberryFun on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Put up a K4KIO hexbeam antenna for my ham radios. At 35 feet elevation, so should give me some decent DX.
(This replaces the old Mosley TA-33 Triband yagi that only gave me 10/15/20 meters.
Elements for 6 meters, 10 meters, 12 meters, 15 meters, 17 meters, and 20 meters (all the daytime bands).
Optional ice cords for extra sturdiness in snowstorms (not like we get a lot of those, but what the hell...)
Mounted in a W8IO rooftop tower. Ham IV rotator.
0E4EE3E7-BC81-4F62-8CAF-93144842F055.jpeg