Re: LDS Preparedness Calendar

dandad wrote: You dad should check bottling and local soft drink plants. They often have those food grade 125 gallon tanks in steel cages for $50. The steel cages make them easy to move, wrap a chain and a 3 pnt boom or front loader and you off. The ones I have seen have bottom spigot outlets built in.
It's a space consideration. They are on the side of his house, concealed behind a frame and siding. Looks like part of the house. Totes would take more space in an already tight throughway. Totes would be superior though, for volume anyway. I've wanted to do it at my house, but it's a big PITA project. I did do a small rainwater collection system for my greenhouse though.
HuckleberryFun wrote:I drink tea by the potful, I swear up a storm on occasion, and I'm a hell bound homosexual. I also think Mormons, although they always hide their hostility and self designated moral superiority to others under a cloak of politeness, are generally small-minded ignorant people that would love to be able to kill me if the rule of law did not stand in their way. God is on their side, after all.
I would not be welcome in a Mormon bunker and they would not be welcome in mine.
I can respect that. No one likes to be with folks they hate. Including you, apparently. Point for clarification though, Mormons aren't above setting aside their small-minded ignorance of people they'd love to kill if they have something good to trade, and they don't do bunkers anymore. It's more compounds now. They don't like to be caught in a corner when the mob of evangelicals arrive to murder them.
The symbol of the race ought to be a human being carrying an ax, for every human being has one concealed about him somewhere, and is always seeking the opportunity to grind it.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

Is that what those are called? Totes . well I just learned something I did not know. Thanks.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:Is that what those are called? Totes . well I just learned something I did not know. Thanks.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Yup. Liquids are sold in pails, drums, totes, and tanks. (in order from smallest to largest)
The symbol of the race ought to be a human being carrying an ax, for every human being has one concealed about him somewhere, and is always seeking the opportunity to grind it.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

virtualhabitat wrote:
dandad wrote: You dad should check bottling and local soft drink plants. They often have those food grade 125 gallon tanks in steel cages for $50. The steel cages make them easy to move, wrap a chain and a 3 pnt boom or front loader and you off. The ones I have seen have bottom spigot outlets built in.
It's a space consideration. They are on the side of his house, concealed behind a frame and siding. Looks like part of the house. Totes would take more space in an already tight throughway. Totes would be superior though, for volume anyway. I've wanted to do it at my house, but it's a big PITA project. I did do a small rainwater collection system for my greenhouse though.
HuckleberryFun wrote:I drink tea by the potful, I swear up a storm on occasion, and I'm a hell bound homosexual. I also think Mormons, although they always hide their hostility and self designated moral superiority to others under a cloak of politeness, are generally small-minded ignorant people that would love to be able to kill me if the rule of law did not stand in their way. God is on their side, after all.
I would not be welcome in a Mormon bunker and they would not be welcome in mine.
I can respect that. No one likes to be with folks they hate. Including you, apparently. Point for clarification though, Mormons aren't above setting aside their small-minded ignorance of people they'd love to kill if they have something good to trade, and they don't do bunkers anymore. It's more compounds now. They don't like to be caught in a corner when the mob of evangelicals arrive to murder them.
I don't think enough of Mormons (or Evangelicals for that matter) to hate them. There is not enough substance there to merit an emotion as strong as hatred.

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST
I got my calendar in the mail. It is pretty lame. The package consists of 3 things. 1. a calendar with religious overtones. Each one-month page has 5 squares at the bottom of the page to attach stickers for when you have achieved your goal. 2. a page of stickers. 3. Twelve pages of 'goals' which are lists of things to buy (usually from an LDS store) and some skills to achieve.

IMHO, You could save 15 bucks and google 'begging prepper starter lists.' Use the $15 for preps.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle