LDS Preparedness Calendar

Someone in the LDS/Mormon community has developed a calendar to help get prepared in one year. Rumor has it that you get stickers to put on your calendar for each achievement.
http://www.knopicalendars.com/store/c1/ ... ducts.html
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: LDS Preparedness Calendar

Queen wrote:So basically if/when the SHTF, find a mormon and take their crap?
I won't do that for three reasons. 1. I plan to have my own stuff. 2. Only about 13% of Mormons prep. 3. I'm not a thief.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Queen wrote:So basically if/when the SHTF, find a mormon and take their crap?
don't count on it. Old-school Mormons are very tribal and well armed. Most of my family are Mormons.

My parents keep about 5 years worth of food storage on hand. It is continually consumed, rotated, and restocked. Wheat, rice, powdered everything, dehydrated everything, canned you name it, My mom and three other Mormon women chipped in on a small commercial canning machine so they could seal #10 size lined steel cans with various produces. Medical/dental supplies, gas masks, etc.. The church organizes large buying events where families buy semi-truck loads of food and supplies. My dad has 6 55 gallon drums hooked up to the incoming water line so that when the water shuts off he still has 6 barrels of fresh water ready to go. There's more….

Mormons protect their 'crap' and they won't hesitate to stop a threat and sing a song while dumping the body in the compost bin. They have never forgotten what people did to Mormons in the past.
The symbol of the race ought to be a human being carrying an ax, for every human being has one concealed about him somewhere, and is always seeking the opportunity to grind it.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

virtualhabitat wrote: don't count on it. Old-school Mormons are very tribal and well armed. Most of my family are Mormons.

My parents keep about 5 years worth of food storage on hand. It is continually consumed, rotated, and restocked. Wheat, rice, powdered everything, dehydrated everything, canned you name it, My mom and three other Mormon women chipped in on a small commercial canning machine so they could seal #10 size lined steel cans with various produces. Medical/dental supplies, gas masks, etc.. The church organizes large buying events where families buy semi-truck loads of food and supplies. My dad has 6 55 gallon drums hooked up to the incoming water line so that when the water shuts off he still has 6 barrels of fresh water ready to go. There's more….

Mormons protect their 'crap' and they won't hesitate to stop a threat and sing a song while dumping the body in the compost bin. They have never forgotten what people did to Mormons in the past.
Nicely stated, thank you!

I try to keep at least a couple weeks of food and water. Not counting the large freezer. When I was a kid, the power went out in our house during the winter and came back a month later.

That probably won't happen here, but Tornadoes roll through and I've cleaned up after one that took several days.

We grew our own food, canned, butchered, and stored a year or two at a time for people and animals.

So it's sort of a habit.
Brian

Marlene wrote:
lurker wrote:“Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill”
Indeed.

Queen, I thought it was hysterical.
As I have told many younger folks who wanted to start something (working in non-traditional jobs this is a frequent occurrence) you may be younger and stronger, but I am infinitely meaner... and I follow zero rules, lets go. :tongue:

Don't mess with older people. The older a person gets, the more they know their limitations and that they won't be able to last long in a fight. To compensate, they'll want to end it quickly. To do so, they're more likely to have some sort of force equalizer on them and will be more likely to use it sooner.

When my father in law turned 70 he bought himself a 1911 .45 acp for working around his shop. Because hitting someone with a board would be hard for him now. Two of his brother in laws got their CCW permits for their birthdays since they were getting older.
Brian

Queen wrote:It was a joke, I assumed that was a given. I'm a limping middle aged woman, if/when the SHTF I'll be one of the first to go.
Thanks for clarifying that. If you have limitations of age and ability, perhaps you should start prepping. And even if you don't, perhaps you should start prepping.

I drink tea by the potful, I swear up a storm on occasion, and I'm a hell bound homosexual. I also think Mormons, although they always hide their hostility and self designated moral superiority to others under a cloak of politeness, are generally small-minded ignorant people that would love to be able to kill me if the rule of law did not stand in their way. God is on their side, after all.
I would not be welcome in a Mormon bunker and they would not be welcome in mine.

Hiker wrote:
Queen wrote:It was a joke, I assumed that was a given. I'm a limping middle aged woman, if/when the SHTF I'll be one of the first to go.
Thanks for clarifying that. If you have limitations of age and ability, perhaps you should start prepping. And even if you don't, perhaps you should start prepping.
I have no desire to prep. If the world completely falls apart tomorrow, I'll sit here with my wife, drink wonderful bourbon, and end it in each other's arms. Neither of us has any desire to live among the people who would prevail in that scenario.

HuckleberryFun wrote:I would not be welcome in a Mormon bunker and they would not be welcome in mine.
Lots of closets in those bunkers. Much the same as the Roman Catholic tradition in which I was raised, LDS fails miserably at dealing with human sexuality. Although both deny it, more time spent in prayer is not the answer.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Queen wrote:
Hiker wrote:
I have no desire to prep. If the world completely falls apart tomorrow, I'll sit here with my wife, drink wonderful bourbon, and end it in each other's arms. Neither of us has any desire to live among the people who would prevail in that scenario.
Don't drink all the bourbon. I'll be wanting it when I come over to loot your place.
Respectfully, of course.

SwampGrouch wrote:
HuckleberryFun wrote:I would not be welcome in a Mormon bunker and they would not be welcome in mine.
Lots of closets in those bunkers. Much the same as the Roman Catholic tradition in which I was raised, LDS fails miserably at dealing with human sexuality. Although both deny it, more time spent in prayer is not the answer.
I agree. If the RCC got rid of all of the gay priests they'd have to close the doors. Funny a few years ago I saw of survey of "gayest US cities" and Salt Lake City was listed #1, ahead of SF. A blue island in a red sea.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Are the stickers lsd , lick n stick?

I guess its just one more thing required to get your own universe to rule over in the after life.. Organizational skill are important for demi gods I hear.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

inomaha wrote:I try to keep at least a couple weeks of food and water. Not counting the large freezer. When I was a kid, the power went out in our house during the winter and came back a month later.

That probably won't happen here, but Tornadoes roll through and I've cleaned up after one that took several days.

We grew our own food, canned, butchered, and stored a year or two at a time for people and animals.

So it's sort of a habit.
Start making salted pork. Lol

- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Hiker wrote:
virtualhabitat wrote: don't count on it. Old-school Mormons are very tribal and well armed. Most of my family are Mormons.

Nicely stated, thank you!
You dad should check bottling and local soft drink plants. They often have those food grade 125 gallon tanks in steel cages for $50. The steel cages make them easy to move, wrap a chain and a 3 pnt boom or front loader and you off. The ones I have seen have bottom spigot outlets built in.

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:
inomaha wrote:I try to keep at least a couple weeks of food and water. Not counting the large freezer. When I was a kid, the power went out in our house during the winter and came back a month later.

So it's sort of a habit.
Start making salted pork. Lol

Is that similar to canned beef? We made a hundred pounds or so of this every year after the freezer got full of chicken and steak.

We butchered 200 chickens for several families and had a full chicken every Sunday at noon. With eggs, a milk cow, a garden and an acre of potatoes, we were set. Mom went to town every week or two to pick up a single bag of groceries.

2% milk is an absolute abomination. I stopped drinking milk when I couldn't get it from the tap anymore. :lol:
Brian