Best commecial hunting load for 7.62x39?

Ok, no way I'm going to be able to get set up to load 7.62x39 _and_ get a load worked up before bambi time. So I've seen some Federal Fusion, Winchester Super-X and Brown Bear 125gr SP. Anyone used any of them?

Best?

Brown Bear is dirt cheap, but how is the terminal ballistics? I'd rather not run for hours after a bleeding out white tail. I've used Fusion loads in the past in 7mm-08 and was happy with it but it's the $1 a shot category.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Re: Best commecial hunting load for 7.62x39?

Hunting rounds are 1 dollar a shot or more, that's just what they cost.

I have heard good reviews on Fusion ammo and suspect that will be just fine. I like Winchester Power Points though.

I would not use Brown Bear for hunting because each round has to be up to par. You can't have 19 out of 20 be fine and the other round either not go off, be a flyer, or the bullet fail, etc. Because just your luck you're going to grab that one.

Centerfire rounds like the fusion and powerpoints are made to a very reliable standard

I have found Silver Bear soft points reliable and very accurate in my CZ. I would hunt whitetail with them. I found the Privi Partisan Round nose SPs far less accurate but the brass is reloadable. When I took that carbine hog hunting in California a couple of years ago I sighted in with and carried Wolf 154gr sp which is relatively well regarded for hog hunting with x39.

Shot placement. :)

ETA: I haven't noticed much difference accuracy or reliability wise between da Bears and have tried them all.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Stopped at the hardware store for something else and found two boxes of the Fusion 7.62x39. 40 rounds/$45 later, I have my hunting ammo for the fall. It's 123 gr so my thinking is that I can use the cheap soviet ammo for zeroing and then this stuff should shoot to the same point of aim. Sound correct?
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

I discovered that Midway had Wolf Military Classic 124 gr JHP which is supposed to be the 8M3 bullet much like Winchester's Black Talon. At $6 a box I ordered 22 boxes. Mostly to shoot but if it does open up well, then I'll have some cheap hunting ammo as well 8-) Fun times ahead. 608-245-0693
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Quite possible. That's one of the reasons though for testing. It's cheap enough to have fun while testing too - bone, gelatin, gallon jugs of water, wet phone books, etc.

For deer season, or any other medium sized game, I have the Federal Fusion. But for coyotes or other similar sized varmint issues? Well, if they're better than FMJ then they'll be good for that purpose.

And if I'm going for bigger than deer, I've got a very nice 7.7x58 Type 99 for that.
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Very late to this party, and I know deer season is over, but for target shooting, I just found some non-corrosive poly coated 122 gr Tula at $115 for 500 rounds at laxammo.com. That's $4.60/box. Shipping was very reasonable, too - $12. 'Course - it's shipping from L.A. and I'm in Tucson - might be a bit more to get it up to the northwoods.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there - George Harrison
Don't go where the road don't go - Ringo Starr