7n1 Sniper Ammo (7.62x54r) In Stock At Lucky Gunner

Hi folks,

In going through ammo looking to find a bit more non-handloaded self-defense ammo, I stumbled across 7n1 Sniper Ammo at Lucky Gunner.

A little salty at $530 for 440 rounds, it's there, anyway. There are 18 cases as of this writing.

The stuff is supposed to be 2moa or better capable (if I remember my studies correctly.)

I'm not affiliated with Lucky Gunner; it's my first time on that site in fact.

Regards,

Josh

Re: 7n1 Sniper Ammo (7.62x54r) In Stock At Lucky Gunner

It's true about the 200's, and there are 220's, too. But I can get really good accuracy loading with 150's as well. I haven't tried every single bullet weight yet, as I've just got my camo Mosin of gnarl sighted in. Now begins the load discoveries for various weights. Yeah, the sniper ammo is a bit pricey compared to what I spend making my own.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

ErikO wrote:My M91/30 seemed to do just fine with both the 150 and 182. I'm still tempted to get some .32 pistol bullets and work up a good 'training' load for my son so he can shoot her without me worrying about deductibles and forms. :lol:
Try 180 gr .311 gas checked cast boolits for your son. I load mine to about 1600 fps and the recoil is very mild.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Mason wrote:
shinzen wrote:I've also loaded up some lighter 123GR bullets that I bought for the SKS- on the lower end the recoil isn't bad at all.
You mentioned getting some RL15. I load some wicked accurate 110gr in my .30-06 with that stuff. I'm sure you could find a similar load for the x54r.
Nice- Yeah, Lyman's lists the RL-15 at the optimum powder for the 150's, and Varget for the 123's. I'm sure either one will put some nice little holes in paper pretty close together though.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Ripoff. I can make better ammo, with better bullets, than that "2 MOA" so-called "sniper" stuff. Actually, modern Prvi Partizan 150gr SP ammo will do just under MOA in one of my Mosins and 1.5MOA in the other. Oh, and the Prvi cases are Boxer/brass and thus easily reloadable.

If you want 2 MOA Mosin ammo, get the cheap stuff, the $100 spam can. Heck, you can go yet better by pulling the bullets and developing a load for your rifle with the same components and then reassemble. There's your "sniper" ammo, right there. It's called, "Mexican Match", and it does work. Collet bullet pullers are not that expensive.
"SF Liberal With A Gun + Free Software Advocate"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/