Re: Can't find .22lr?

It's all over up here in resale captivity for double/triple MSRP.

Finding it "in the wild" in its original .02-.06 habitat is becoming difficult.
"Well there's always been groups of people who never could see eye to eye. But I always thought if they had a chance to sit down and talk face to face they might realize they got a lot in common."
- Chris LeDoux

There is an active thread around here someplace for finding it at Cabelas. It does work; several of us have had recent successes, including me. I scored a 1000 count box of winchester m22 just today.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

I strolled into my LGS last weekend here in central MD and was shocked to find several different types and brands of 22 on the shelf at decent enought prices. I wound up getting 300 standard rounds of CCI at .10/per. My initial reaction was to Hoover up as much as I could but then I calmed and remembered that's how all this shit started.

Reddings hardware in Gettysburg has lots on the shelves including Minimags, sub sonics and some Eley match target along with the cheap stuff. The Eley match was $.25/round but I wanted to try some so I bought a hundred rounds. I was looking for Velocitors but they had not yet come in.

If having rimfire (e.g., 22LR) means paying more than .10 per round for ordinary stuff, then it is not available generally. Many of the sellers on Gunbot are plain out selling on high priced panic. They are getting $90 for stuff I can buy for 21 when Midway has it or a dollar or two more when someone else reputable has it.

Everyone is still in the hoarding mode it seems.

I picked up a sweet Remington 512 a couple of months ago. Still haven't taken it out yet because I just can't bring myself to pay the jacked-up prices at this time. :no:

Thankfully, I can shoot .22lr, .22 short, and .22 long through it. Maybe something will eventually turn up in a reasonable price range that doesn't get snapped up before I can order a single brick. :roll:

I've managed to get about 5000 rounds at $.06 or under in the past 6 months. The cal guns rimfire forum is a useful if you can manage to stay away from the opinion pages. (Even if you're not in California, since they mostly point out webistes).

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!

Gander had bulk packs this morning. But either because of that or just as added coincidence, their servers crashed.

Had a bunch in the cart, couldn't check out, couldn't get through on the phone. By the time things got straightened out, sold out.

Such is life, I was lucky enough to get some from cabelas when the shopping cart trick was working. Not as much as I'd like. But at least I've got some to shoot.