Wolf .30-06?

I was looking for some 30-06 150 grain soft point Prvi Partizan ammo for $15 a box (sold out) when I saw this.

Wolf .30-06. Springfield 145 grain FMJ Steel Case ammo - Wolf WPA Military Classic by Barnaul that SGAmmo has for silly cheap ($11.95/20). Polymer coated steel case, non-reloadable, non-corrosive.

Has anyone here tried this? Since i'm having trouble at the moment with my press & .30-06 reloading, I was thinking this stuff might make semi-cheap range ammo.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Re: Wolf .30-06?

It will probably shoot just fine. If you find yourself in a position to, CMP has surplus Greek ball for about the same price, reloadable. But has to be purchased in a can of 250
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

The CMP stuff works out to 65 cents apiece, delivered. The wolf stuff you mentioned is 60 cents apiece, but it's not clear if that price is 'out the door'.
For what it's worth, all my CMP ammo orders have included at least 6 extra rounds, plus an ammo can. At that rate, you're looking at 63 cents apiece, out the door.
And I can reload it.
But, hey, that's just me, man. :fun:
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

I don't own a .30-06, but I've fired hundreds of thousands of their 7.62x39 and 5.56 NATO. Never had an issue. You should be OK, as long as your rifle can tolerate steel case. That's the only reason I've never shot their .45 ACP. Firing steel case would void HK's warranty.

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- The Last Words of Pancho Villa