.223 Carbide sizing dies?

I just lubed and sized 400 .223 cases and would love to skip the lubing part.

Does anyone know of .223 carbide sizing dies out there?

A quick search did not turn anything up, so it may be the case that there is some good reason why they are not made.

Thanks! and my hands thank you too.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

Re: .223 Carbide sizing dies?

Dillon makes full length carbide sizing dies for the 223 and lubricant is still required, very expensive. They are only for mass production reloading and the carbide ring is for greater die longevity. Pump spray bottles with a lanolin alcohol lube makes lubing a breeze. Just make sure you clean and dry the dies afterwords because they will rust if you don't.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

drigeba wrote:I am using Lee sizing lube and applying it by hand to each case.

I was wondering if there was some way to apply it by spray.

Or maybe i should just get a different kind o lube.

Thanks.
I use Lee lube - I smear a small dab on a plate (with tinfoil over it to keep lead and other nasty stuff off) and roll a handful of brass around on it at a time. Just make sure the neck and shoulder get lubed and you're good. It's a hell of a lot faster than doing one at a time.

The lee lube is lanolin based as well and will dissolve in rubbing alcohol too. 91% is recommended for a lower water content. Dillon spray is like $14 and it will last a good long time

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Thanks y'all.

Another thought...

When I have a lot of brass to process that may have desert dust on it, might it be a good idea to just de-prime only, clean the cases, then size them?

The last few cases went through the sizing die stiffly, so me thinks there is gunk composed of dust and lube that needs to be cleaned out.

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

Only downside is then you'll have to clean them twice- once to get the desert gunk off, the next to remove the lube. But, that is one good use for a tumbler, after you've loaded the rounds just dump them into the tumbling media for an hour or two and it makes for nice clean loaded rounds, and you're not having to pick bits of walnut or corn media out of the primer holes. I was using my ultrasonic, now just citric acid and dawn for a couple of minutes to do the initial cleaning. Also makes inspection easier when you've got clean brass to work with.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I've been using a Lortone rock tumbler, stainless steel media, LemiShine, and Dawn...with fantastic results and no lead dust. Harbor Freight sells a knock off that's cheaper and probably just as good.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

drigeba wrote:I just lubed and sized 400 .223 cases and would love to skip the lubing part.

Does anyone know of .223 carbide sizing dies out there?

A quick search did not turn anything up, so it may be the case that there is some good reason why they are not made.

Thanks! and my hands thank you too.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I will try the lanolin thing. Sounds effective and it will be fun for a heavy bald white guy to buy an African American hair care product.

What I do now is take a scrap piece of 2x4, wrap a rag around it a couple times, secure it with rubber bands, then smear some lube on the rag. Then I line a dozen or so up and roll them back and forth once. It's reasonably fast.

Imperial sizing wax in the tiny little tins last a very long time. I use that with brass that has had the primers knocked out. I just dip the case mouth in it and give it a bit of smear the length of the case before sizing. With the pump bottle of Dillon lube I fill a dish pan that is clean and dry with brass and give it a few squirts give it a shake to get them all covered then let it sit a few minutes till the alcohol drys. I only use the pump lube with brass that needs the primers knocked out so it doesn't get into the pockets. After a long session the should be cleaned before being put away or they will start to rust.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw