My first order of .22LR!

I'm excited. Just ordered some .22LR online. It's 22LR Ammo SK Lapua 40gr Standard Plus 500 Round Box.

Specs:

Bullet Type: Solid, Match Grade for Rifle or Pistol
Bullet Weight: 40gr
Bullet Jacket: Lead
Case: Brass
Velocity: 1,050 ft/s
Powder: Vihtavuori
Primer: Rimfire
Amount: 500 Round Case

Pre shipping price at $55 or 11 cents per round. With shipping of $13.63 to the door it does bump it up a bit. But, after looking at a few of my local stores and finding no selection at least I'm saving time and gas. I'm sure I could find .22LR in a few of the stores I know; however, travelling time back and forth could add several hours minimum. I used GunBot to track these down. A few of the advertized in stock ones under $50 for five hundred turned out to not be in stock. So in the end I went for the slightly more expensive offering when it turned out it was indeed in stock! :beer2: From my understanding this SK Lapua is manufactured in Germany not Finland. Makes little difference to me and I look forward to testing it out. Hopefully I'll have a box of a few other brands to test along these.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: My first order of .22LR!

TheViking wrote:I've shot SK before when it was just SK. Guessing Lapua bought them or they are cooperating now. Anyway, both always worked great for me.
I checked and Lapua bought them in the early 1990's. The powder is from Vihtavuori. The ammo hopefully arrives before the range trip on the 19th! I'm hoping it turnsout to be good ammo. I don't mind the price.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

My little present came! I do mean little. Five hundred rounds of .22LR takes up much less space than my 9mm Luger or even the .32ACP! Then there's the Nagant and 7.62x54R that are in a category by themselves. Reminds me I'm running low on them! In comparison the little .22LR is a tiny round. The box and specs say this is a match round. It is the cheapest Lapua round the Finnish manufactured .22LR Lapua is over thirty to forty cents per round. Range day will be the 19th!

Attachments
The package r.JPG
The brick r.JPG
SK Lapua r.JPG

CDFingers wrote:Cute. We'll have to learn how they group. I'm still in the Remington golden saber or what not stuff.

CDFingers
Cute was my reaction too when I opened up the box! :roflmao: When the FedEx guy handed me the package I thought where's the rest of my order! Then I remembered what's in the box!

Simmer down wrote:What will you use them in?
Not a rifle unless someone brings one. The CZ Kadet is the only .22LR I have. Although I've been looking at old .22s, but it might take a while. You've shot the CZ 75B and this is how it will be as a .22LR.
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... =7&t=33781
You'd do better at testing grouping than me. My goal is hitting paper!

sikacz wrote:
Not a rifle unless someone brings one. The CZ Kadet is the only .22LR I have. Although I've been looking at old .22s, but it might take a while. You've shot the CZ 75B and this is how it will be as a .22LR.
I have a Henry lever action in 22. It feels silly when you know what the big bores feel like but its super accurate.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Simmer down wrote:
sikacz wrote:
I have a Henry lever action in 22. It feels silly when you know what the big bores feel like but its super accurate.
If you'd like to test the SK Lapua in a rifle bring your Henry. I wouldn't mind trying it too. I've never tried a lever action.

Went to my local Academy and picked up a box of Federal AutoMatch Target Rimfire Ammunition AM22, 22 Long Rifle, Lead Round Nose (RN), 40 GR, 1200 fps, 325 Rounds at $17.99. I'll have two different ammos to test. The Lapua is subsonic so it should be a bit different. I suspect that the Lapua may have a few issues at first.

I've been buying it too. Both that, and the 'Magazine .22' that comes in the can. The can stuff is a bit oily, and needs a little wipe down. Got some of the match rifle too for my 10/22 custom. That stuff is bang ON! :thumbup:
Bud.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"---- Dan Quayle, 1990.

popgunn wrote:I've been buying it too. Both that, and the 'Magazine .22' that comes in the can. The can stuff is a bit oily, and needs a little wipe down. Got some of the match rifle too for my 10/22 custom. That stuff is bang ON! :thumbup:
I was surprised the local Academy had a pretty good selection and a variety of prices and brands. They didn't have the high velocity CCIs but did have the regular one. It was all behind the service desk. I looked in the regular ammo shelves and didn't see any .22LR so I decided to ask. It's good to know they have 22. I'm going to stock up on a few brands and see which my Kadet likes. The rest I'll start saving so I have an excuse to buy a CZ 455! :beer2:

Try the Agulia SSS 60 gran (yes that is correct 60 grain) . They are hard to find and obtain but they are out there. The company is from Mexico and the road is nice for varmints and home defense. The twist of your barrel will impact accuracy and the " keyhole" effect but in a self denfense situation this may not be a bad thing.
Good luck
" A Winchester rifle should have a place of honor in every black home"- Ida B. Wells Barnett