another dumb question, 308-30-06 cartridge lineage

I was always told that the 308, and many other cartridges were conceived from the 30-06, which came from the 30-03 , and that was from the 30-03 which comes from the Krag 30-40 ..... , but when I go looking its as if the 308 is never listed as a cartridge derived from 30-06. Is this marketing? Or is it true? I mean, even Chuck Hawks segregates the 308 from the 30-06 when listing the cartridges lineage.
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Re: another dumb question, 308-30-06 cartridge lineage

drigeba wrote:Just read the wikipedia page. The .308 was derived from the .300 Savage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9751mm_NATO

I could read about this stuff all day.... :coffee:
It is fascinating. That's why i am reading on it

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Re: another dumb question, 308-30-06 cartridge lineage

popgunn wrote:
lurker wrote:
popgunn wrote:He's a book!
fahrenheit 451 reference?
Huh. Hadn't thought of that. It just seemed right to say. Is it a quote from the book? Been a long time since I read it. I remember though, those underground, memorized books as I recall.
i don't remember, read it in the 60s, saw the movie about the same time. books are banned and burned, by the fire dept. fireman saves a book, becomes a criminal, has to run, escapes to . underground enclave which has people who memorize books to preserve them. 451 degrees fahrenheit is the temp at which (allegedly) books burn.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?