Re: .22 Bubble Weakens (Ammoland)

Around 4 months ago i picked up a 555 box of 22s from walmart for $27. Last box they had in stock. Havent seen any bricks there since. One worker said that as soon as they hit the dock, before they get stocked, he calls his brother who calls his friends a nd they comes and buys as many as they can. He told us the walmart will only allow employees one brick per shipment because they are so rare these days.

Cant blame the guy.Id probably do the same as hard as they are to get.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Went to Sportsmen's Warehouse yesterday to get a rubber band for the collet in my bullet puller, but had to get the new collet to get the new band. As it so happened--"as it was supposed to happen" writes Bokonon--there I also spotted some ear plugs and this box of 50. What's neat is it's in Spanish and English--made in Mexico, this being California and all.

I have to replenish my stash of foam ear plugs from time to time. I learned during the 100 round .357mag shoot I did here some months back, so I now wear foamies under my muffs indoors and when shooting more than a dozen full power .357 loads. Sportsmen's had 335 round packs of Federal .22LR's for 22 bucks, and listed but out of stock Winchester Golden Bullet 525 round packs for 36 bucks. Coming down, but not down enough. Bought these for the Spanish.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Found the Aguila this morning at my local Academy store for the $3.99 special. Limit was 500 rounds. They also had the Federal 325 pack for $18 and change.
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. --Molly Ivins

if they give you lined paper, write sideways.--Juan Ramon Jimenez

Larch wrote:Found the Aguila this morning at my local Academy store for the $3.99 special. Limit was 500 rounds. They also had the Federal 325 pack for $18 and change.
Got my order of the Aguila HVs in yesterday. 10 boxes of 50, all suspended neatly in plastic trays where the bullets don't touch each other or the boxes. Much better than rattling around a bulk box.

beaurrr wrote:22 lr has been in critically short supply for what, almost 5 years now? WTF?
WTF indeed- those little suckers are common as chicken lips around here. Maybe it's all those Oregon preppers. You should be able to buy tubs of the stuff at Bi-Mart, where I just was, and the only thing on the 22lr. shelf was 5 year old dust and dead flies. :confused:

BUT! They had some Blazer Brass 38 Special for $19 and change/box so I grabbed some of those. I wish I knew a local LGC person who reloads; I leave a lot of good brass at the range.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six