Freedom Munitions 223 ammo issues

So this weekend I did the Bay Area Rifle Championship, which consisted of 7 courses, one of which was longish range. Had some really odd stuff, some I noticed, some others shooting noticed.

1) Very inconsistent muzzle flash. Some rounds would definitely flash, others would definitely not.
2) At the 200 yard range the ammo was all over the place. I'm not a rockstar with a red dot at 200 yards, but I had that stuff hitting the ground at 100 yards for some shots. Since I was supported at all three shooting locations, I'm certain that was not me being off that much

It was the 62 grain stuff, I've had it for quite awhile, and decided to shoot it instead of firing up the press since I had it laying around. Didn't really notice any major issues until I got to the 200 yard range, as that's definitely where you'd find out if the loads are inconsistent. So lesson learned on that one. I also totally spaced to grab my brass. Dang it.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Freedom Munitions 223 ammo issues

BARC was an absolute hoot. To be fair, it was also my first event, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but the courses seemed to be pretty well designed. There were a few minor issues, from what I understand there's a new person running it this year.

I was also on the overflow, so we had the first run through of the courses- the 200 yard range had to get one of the targets changed out as it wasn't a flasher originally, and a couple of squads had damaged various poppers on the 100 and 200 yard range, which delayed things a bit. As we were on the overflow, we didn't really have many RO's, as they were competing that day- which was fine for the most part, but a couple of groups were a bit on the slow side in getting through the courses- made the day a bit longer than it could have been if folks were on top of starting quickly.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou