Tis a Day for Celebration! affordable 22lrs after 4 months !

Its been over 4 month since I have found the Winchester 555 packs of 22lrs for $27.99 at Walmart, or anywhere else. And today when grocery shopping, lo and behold a guiding light drove me to drive my little store scooter ( still not wanting to walking long distances after knee replacement) into the outdoors section of Wally World, and there, shining like the Holy Grail resting upon the Ark of the Covenant were TWO, yes I said TWO boxes !!

As I ask the clerk for both boxes a voice behind me said "sh*t". As I inquired about the words of disappointment he told me he too wanted a box, so I shared and gave him one to buy.

While it might be another 4 months or more before I find more, I am happy I found these. And I have periodically searched all 6 Walmart in my area. One problem is that employees will call their friends the minute they are pulled off the truck, and they sell out before the 22s even hit the shelves. I have had more than a couple employees tell me this. Cant really blame them, Id probably consider the same insider trading if I were them.
walmart 22lr.jpg
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Re: Tis a Day for Celebration! affordable 22lrs after 4 mont

They have done well for what we use them for. My daughter usually shoots them up. She is a crack shot, and I am so jealous too. At 7 she was shooting better than most, now at 16 she can dump 200 rounds into the 10 ring constantly at 50 yards , rifle with iron sights.

Last batch of these I had I think we had about a half dozen duds, and the rest seemed to work well in my pistols and rifles. But like I said, I dont get to pop 22s as much anymore because my daughter hogs them all up. :lol:

I let her shoot my 30-06 last time we were down at my dads place in southern Illinois, and at the 100 yard targets she did very well, but could not hold steady enough with the scope at the 300 and 500 yard targets. Then again, I have troubles with that too. And the 06 kicks like a mule anyway. I have a new 308 that I want her to try next time at my dads though. I think she will be able to rock that, and I would love to get a nice 223 bolt action someday. We only hunt paper.. I also hunt clay pigeons.. lol
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

CDFingers wrote:Well, it's not like the old days of $19.99 for that box, but it's pretty good. How do they compare to the Remington Golden bullet? I have a few rounds in the bottom of my range bag.

CDFingers

I really couldnt say. I have not shot remington golden bullets in a long time. I might have to try that.
- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote: As I ask the clerk for both boxes a voice behind me said "sh*t". As I inquired about the words of disappointment he told me he too wanted a box, so I shared and gave him one to buy.
I imagine you putting your hand on the guy's shoulder, looking him in the eyes and saying, "Remember this day. Pay it forward."

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

CDFingers wrote:Well, it's not like the old days of $19.99 for that box, but it's pretty good. How do they compare to the Remington Golden bullet? I have a few rounds in the bottom of my range bag.

CDFingers
I've had better luck with the Winchesters than Golden Bullets. Maybe one FTF in a hundred? They feed and eject reliably out of my Ruger 10/22 and M&P22 pistol.
LGC Texas - Vice President

I used to shoot golden bullets but gave up after a number of FTFs and bullets popping out of their cases in the box (?!). Dirty too. Since I generally shoot only paper, I quit using Minimags, Velocitors and the like since the transonic transition occurs at about 75 yards and generally the perturbation that ensues when the shock wave catches up to the bullet degrades the accuracy from 75-100 yards.

So I shoot mostly CCI Standard Velocity at shorter ranges and Wolf Match longer. I found three bricks of the CCI for $49.99 apiece. Jumped on them.

curtism1234 wrote:The golden bullets were stupid accurate in my Ruger Mark II years ago. All my other rimfires it was terrible. The rounds didn't even sound the same when going off. :wtf:
That, and in my old Marlin 80. Good thing I have a few in my range bag. I think a couple in the car trunk fell under the spare tire.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack