Good deal on Great .223 Ammo

If you want to stock up on some great ammo this is about as cheap as you'll find it.
What I like about this place is you don't have to buy 500 or 1000 rounds to get a great price.
At $6.29 a box I don't think you'll find it cheaper anywhere.
I won't shoot steel - I've run 100's of rounds of this out of my S&W AR - like it a lot.

https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/federa ... 75688.html

Of interest -
AE REM that you get at Walmart ( black box ) has sealed primers. Good ammo no doubt.
AE 223 that you get at Dicks ( same black box ) does not have sealed primers and is more expensive.
Attachments
ssb.JPG

Re: Good deal on Great .223 Ammo

I just bought AE223 from SGAmmo for $5.69/box. That is my go-to place to shop.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to NOT have online ammo shopping.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Correct me if I'm wrong - I thought it was now illegal in CA to receive ammo at home, so it has to be mailed to a local shop, where they (fair enough) tack on a price for receiving it. ?
Edit: I don't actually feel comfortable receiving at home anyway (mail drop not secure enough) - so is it still a saving?

Can I buy ammunition online or from a catalog?

Yes, but you can’t ship it to your home any more starting Jan. 1. You can still buy online or from a catalog, but you now have to ship ammunition first to a licensed vendor who can charge you a processing fee.

Can I drive in ammunition I bought out of state?

No. On Jan. 1, it will be illegal to import into California ammunition purchased in another state. The legislature passed a bill in 2016 that would have allowed hunters to bring in up to 50 rounds from out of state without taking it to a dealer, but Proposition 63 overrode that, according to the Department of Justice.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/article189213039.html
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

rustyrower wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:15 pm Correct me if I'm wrong - I thought it was now illegal in CA to receive ammo at home, so it has to be mailed to a local shop, where they (fair enough) tack on a price for receiving it. ?
Edit: I don't actually feel comfortable receiving at home anyway (mail drop not secure enough) - so is it still a saving?
No online ammo for us in CA (unless you pay the licensed middleman). Is it worth it? I guess it depends on how much the middleman charges. Some ammo is nearly impossible to find locally, especially defensive ammo in odd calibers. I stocked those prior to 2018 because I never am able to find .380 or 9mm of the type I've chosen for defensive use (should I ever need it). Range ammo is available locally at a price. I'll be looking into reloading before much longer.