Democratic Illinois governor signs gun dealer licensing bill

Gov. Pritzker signs Illinois’ first gun licensing bill into law
"These are common sense gun safety reforms," said Pritzker. "The reason for it is to deter straw purchases, so that we can prevent someone from buying a gun for someone else who is not legally allowed to own a gun."

Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoed one version of the bill and promised a second veto if he had the chance. Instead, Democrats waited until Pritzker took over to send it to the governor's office.
The Illinois Rifle Association said the bill is designed to put small firearms dealers out of business. The license will cost a dealer up to $1,500.

Re: Democratic Illinois governor signs gun dealer licensing bill

Yup. Illinois tossd the Republicans and now we have a gun grabber. 3 more years until retirement and then I'm *out* of Illinois. Ashamed of them now but there is nothing to be done. No choices. It's Trumpers and Bible Thumpers or Spend it all and grab the guns. :sad: :no:

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Working as designed.
Gun Shops Closing Amid New Regulations
“I’m just going to retire, I guess,” he said. “I hope that I can live off of what I’ve saved over the years.”
Mick Moore made the same decision for Walnut Creek Shooters Supply in Brownstown after seeing not only the cost of the license and the camera system. but also the uncertainty additional regulations and more fees.
Just five miles south of Moore's shop is Bear Arms. John Washburn has owned Bear Arms since 2013. Although he doesn't place to close his doors, he said the future for his business is bleak.

VodoundaVinci wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:41 pm Yup. Illinois tossd the Republicans and now we have a gun grabber. 3 more years until retirement and then I'm *out* of Illinois. Ashamed of them now but there is nothing to be done. No choices. It's Trumpers and Bible Thumpers or Spend it all and grab the guns. :sad: :no:

VooDoo
Hear of any lawsuits challenging the new law?
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan