Re: Opinions on springfield mod 2

Looks like a neat CC gun!

Don't own one and none of my friends own one either so I never shot it. But do own an XD-9 Service w 4" barrel which replaced a Glock 17 as my tupperware go-to. It was smaller (comparable a Glock 19) but I mainly liked it better than the Glock (which was also a great shooting pistol) because the XD-9 grip angle was just more intuitive for my senses being closer to the CZ-75b & 1911 which I also regularly target shoot. The front & rear sights line up on the target intuitively when I raise the weapon.

I'd be interested in holding and shooting the XD Mod.2 also. I don't CC regularly so there's no reason for me to replace my current XD. But the market is hot on concealed pistols these days and I'd say this one is a winner if it shoots anything like my "full size" XD-9. And it holds amazing capacity even in the shorty "conceal" mag and like the Glock 19 with the full extension mag.

If you get one, do write up a range report. I'm very curious about your personal experience with this pistol.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: Opinions on springfield mod 2

I currently carry a Glock 43--when I carry. It's ok. Nice and light easy to conceal. But, it doesn't hold many rounds. From little I've been able to learn on the Mod 2 sub compact, it's not that much wider being a double stack and it holds twice the rounds as my G43. But, my concern is the weight. I'd like to hear the opinions of anyone who may own one.

If I end up buying one, I'll be sure to post my report.