Perfecta .45 acp review

This time I tried some Italian ammo, Perfecta. Here are ten rounds off a rest at 7 yards, shot slowly and carefully. Not stellar accuracy. Hold was on the bull center.

perfecta7.JPG
perfecta7.JPG (20.59 KiB) Viewed 2856 times

While the ammo itself is lovely--sort of golden in color cartridge and bullet rather than brass and copper as one would expect, it recoils snappier, like a .40 rather than the .45 I'd been shooting. The Springer ate it easily and each round functioned perfectly. The velocity is advertised as 853 fps, yet it feels somehow snappier.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... 0013030.do

perfectaladies.JPG
perfectaladies.JPG (44.88 KiB) Viewed 2856 times

Very happy with this pistol, especially with American Eagle .45 acp.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Perfecta .45 acp review

CD, I know you're a good shot, so this is not criticism of your skills. I'd say the accuracy is terrible. Could something else have gone wrong?

I've come to realize that shooting from a rest is not as straightforward as one would think. I've heard other people claiming that their accuracy is worse from a rest than off-hand. It's definitely my case, but I'm not very experienced yet. My tentative explanation is that the grip, especially with a powerful load like the .45 ACP, is as important to accuracy as the aiming, and perhaps a looser grip allows the gun to move before the round comes out of the muzzle?

Don't quote me on this. I really pulled than explanation from thin air, but that's where my thinking is. What do you think?

Re: Perfecta .45 acp review

Yeah, at 7 yards that stuff is all over the place. I'd expect better from a rest, or, in your case, from off hand. Perhaps the extra snappiness messed with you a bit more than would normally be the case?
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou