Re: GECO 9mm Luger 124gr

Yeah, those are gonna be some little screamers that's for sure. 1181 FPS? That's beyond what one could reasonably load for 9mm with any powder I have on hand anyway.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

It is snappy. I found it pretty accurate out of my full size auto. I think I have saved a couple of boxes because it performed so well. It's a good buy, you have little to be concerned about.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

shinzen wrote:Yeah, those are gonna be some little screamers that's for sure. 1181 FPS? That's beyond what one could reasonably load for 9mm with any powder I have on hand anyway.
Since NATO ammo delivers a push similar to +P and all my carry ammo is +P, it may be useful to train with it. I also had a discussion with one of my training partners about accuracy and follow-up shot differences between NATO and 115. Curious to compare. Just hope my guns like it.

Mason wrote:It is snappy. I found it pretty accurate out of my full size auto. I think I have saved a couple of boxes because it performed so well. It's a good buy, you have little to be concerned about.
Thanks. My Stoeger Cougar hasn't been fed in a while. I bet it won't have any issue digesting these.

begemot wrote:Solid ammo. Went through 2 boxes with no issues. Not as snappy as expected and accuracy at defensive distances similar to 115grain 9mm Blazers or Hornady Defense.
Is this an okay review or are you luke warm?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
begemot wrote:Solid ammo. Went through 2 boxes with no issues. Not as snappy as expected and accuracy at defensive distances similar to 115grain 9mm Blazers or Hornady Defense.
It's good stuff. No failures. No detected difference in accuracy vs anything else I shoot. A little hotter than Blazers so a bit more felt recoil, especially in a smaller gun like the S&W Shield, but recoil management practice is good for ya. :)

I don't regret buying it. Would I choose it over 115 Blazer (Brass or Aluminum) or Federal Champion if price was the same? Probably not.

begemot wrote:
sikacz wrote:
It's good stuff. No failures. No detected difference in accuracy vs anything else I shoot. A little hotter than Blazers so a bit more felt recoil, especially in a smaller gun like the S&W Shield, but recoil management practice is good for ya. :)

I don't regret buying it. Would I choose it over 115 Blazer (Brass or Aluminum) or Federal Champion if price was the same? Probably not.
Good to hear, I just bought some and will try to buy a bit more when I have some more cash. Got tired of waiting on S&B to come back to market.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.